Playoff Probabilities Report
The playoff probability reports will be generated on a daily basis until the end of the regular season. The probabilties are empirical estimates based on simulating the remainder of the season 7500 times. Although I am not going to give complete details at this time, the method has been tried and tested: it was used to win the TrueHoop Stat Geek Smackdown in both 2007 and 2008.
|Rk||Eastern Conference||W||L||W-L%||Current||Remain||Best||Worst||Playoffs||Division||Top Seed||Win Conf||Win Finals||Win Lottery|
|12||New York Knicks||33.8||48.2||.413||22-30||12-18||42-40||27-55||4.9%||2.2%|
|13||New Jersey Nets||33.6||48.4||.410||23-31||11-17||42-40||26-56||5.1%||0.8%|
Here are the column descriptions:
- W and L are the average number of wins and losses, respectively, that the team had in the 1500 simulations.
- Current is the team's curent W-L record.
- Remain is the team's projected W-L record the remainder of the season.
- Best is the team's best W-L record in the 1500 iterations.
- Worst is the team's worst W-L record in the 1500 iterations.
- Playoffs is the percentage of times the team made the playoffs in the 1500 iterations.
- Division is the percentage of times the team won their division in the 1500 iterations.
- Top Seed is the percentage of times the team was the top seed in their conference in the 1500 iterations.
- Win Conf is the percentage of times the team won the conference playoffs in the 1500 iterations.
- Win Finals is the percentage of times the team won the NBA Finals in the 1500 iterations.
- Lottery is the percentage of time the team won the draft lottery in the 1500 iterations.