Born: 1927 in Paterson, New Jersey
- Atlanta Hawks: November 26, 1960 to April 29, 1970
- Pittsburgh Condors: 1970 to 1971
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Atlanta Hawks Franchise
- November 28, 1960: Sold Ernie Beck to the Syracuse Nationals.
- November 28, 1960: Purchased Phil Rollins from the Cincinnati Royals.
- December 17, 1960: Sold Phil Rollins to the New York Knicks.
- March 27, 1961: Selected Cleo Hill (1st round, 8th pick), Ron Horn (2nd round, 16th pick), Tom Chilton (3rd round, 30th pick), Gus Guydon (4th round, 39th pick), John Berberich (5th round, 48th pick), Bob McDonald (6th round, 57th pick), Charles Riley (7th round, 66th pick), Gene Velloff (8th round, 75th pick), Herbert Gray (9th round, 82nd pick), Tom Faszholz (10th round, 90th pick), Dick Kepley (11th round, 98th pick), Jackie Crawford (12th round, 101st pick) and Howard Stacy (13th round, 104th pick) in the 1961 NBA Draft.
- June 18, 1961: Signed Joe Buckhalter as a free agent.
- June 24, 1961: Traded Horace Walker to the Chicago Packers for a 1962 4th round draft pick (Chico Vaughn).
- June 25, 1961: Traded Joe Buckhalter to the Cincinnati Royals for a future draft pick.
- August, 1961: Purchased Mike Farmer from the Cincinnati Royals. Farmer played in the ABL in between.
- August 19, 1961: Traded Frank Radovich, Bob McDonald and cash to the Philadelphia Warriors for Joe Graboski.
- November 21, 1961: Traded Joe Graboski, Si Green and Woody Sauldsberry to the Chicago Packers for Barney Cable and Archie Dees.
- November 30, 1961: Purchased Vern Hatton from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- December, 1961: Purchased Bob Sims from the Los Angeles Lakers.
- December 1, 1961: Purchased Shellie McMillon from the Detroit Pistons.
- March 6, 1962: Signed Stacey Arceneaux as a free agent.
- March 26, 1962: Selected Zelmo Beaty (1st round, 3rd pick), Bob Duffy (2nd round, 12th pick), Charlie Hardnett (3rd round, 21st pick), Chico Vaughn (4th round, 28th pick), Jerry Grote (4th round, 30th pick), Tom Hatton (5th round, 39th pick), Jay Carty (6th round, 48th pick), Bob McAteer (7th round, 57th pick), Terry Ball (8th round, 65th pick), Marvin Trotman (9th round, 74th pick), Charlie Sells (10th round, 83rd pick), Tom Chappelle (11th round, 89th pick), John Caveny (12th round, 93rd pick), Jerry Carlton (13th round, 96th pick), Wilky Gilmore (14th round, 98th pick), Dave Ricerto (15th round, 100th pick) and Wally Roundsville (16th round, 102nd pick) in the 1962 NBA Draft.
- June, 1962: Sold Clyde Lovellette to the Boston Celtics.
- June 14, 1962: Traded Al Ferrari and Shellie McMillon to the Chicago Packers for Bill Bridges and Ralph Davis.
- October 7, 1962: Traded Charlie Hardnett to the Chicago Zephyrs for Phil Jordon.
- October 12, 1962: Purchased Bevo Nordmann from the Cincinnati Royals.
- November 19, 1962: Traded Nick Mantis to the Chicago Zephyrs for a future 2nd round draft pick.
- January 30, 1963: Traded Barney Cable to the Chicago Zephyrs for Woody Sauldsberry.
- April 30, 1963: Selected Gerry Ward (1st round, 6th pick), Leland Mitchell (2nd round, 15th pick), Ken Saylors (2nd round, 18th pick), Bill Burwell (3rd round, 24th pick), Waite Bellamy (4th round, 33rd pick), Tony Yates (5th round, 42nd pick), Al Santio (6th round, 51st pick), Ken Rohloff (7th round, 60th pick), Harold Strothers (8th round, 68th pick), Frank Davis (9th round, 73rd pick), Carl Ritter (10th round, 76th pick), Marv Straw (11th round, 78th pick), Hugh Evans (12th round, 80th pick) and Gary McFarland (13th round, 82nd pick) in the 1963 NBA Draft.
- October 18, 1963: Traded cash and a 1964 2nd round draft pick (Howard Komives) to the New York Knicks for Richie Guerin.
- November, 1963: Signed Bevo Nordmann as a free agent.
- November 11, 1963: Sold Bob Duffy to the New York Knicks.
- May 4, 1964: Selected Jeff Mullins (1st round, 6th pick), Paul Silas (2nd round, 12th pick), Art Becker (3rd round, 24th pick), Willie Murrell (4th round, 33rd pick), John Tresvant (5th round, 42nd pick), Ernest Brock (6th round, 51st pick), Maurice McHartley (7th round, 60th pick), Kendall Rhine (8th round, 69th pick), Darel Carrier (9th round, 76th pick), Frank Stephens (10th round, 83rd pick), Gerry Goran (11th round, 90th pick), Warren Sutton (12th round, 94th pick), Cecil Tuttle (13th round, 97th pick), Bill Blair (14th round, 99th pick) and Al Cech (15th round, 101st pick) in the 1964 NBA Draft.
- August 26, 1964: Sold Jerry Grote to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- October 18, 1964: Traded a 1965 2nd round draft pick (Hal Blevins) to the New York Knicks for Bill McGill.
- May 6, 1965: Selected Jim Washington (1st round, 8th pick), Ken McIntyre (3rd round, 26th pick), Lynn Nance (4th round, 35th pick), Theodore Werner (5th round, 44th pick), John Rambo (6th round, 53rd pick), Terry Kunze (7th round, 61st pick), Cincy Powell (8th round, 69th pick), Leroy Walker (9th round, 75th pick), Spencer Carlson (10th round, 81st pick), Weldon Kytle (11th round, 87th pick), Elton McGriff (12th round, 93rd pick), Mel Northway (13th round, 98th pick), Terry Page (14th round, 102nd pick), George Pomey (15th round, 106th pick) and Bob Tolan (16th round, 110th pick) in the 1965 NBA Draft.
- December 24, 1965: Traded John Tresvant and Chico Vaughn to the Detroit Pistons for Rod Thorn.
- December 28, 1965: Traded John Barnhill to the Detroit Pistons for Joe Caldwell.
- May 11, 1966: Selected Lou Hudson (1st round, 4th pick), Dick Snyder (2nd round, 14th pick), Tommy Kron (3rd round, 24th pick), Bob McIntyre (4th round, 34th pick), Dick Nemelka (5th round, 44th pick), Lonnie Wright (6th round, 54th pick), Jay Neary (7th round, 63rd pick), Brian Williams (8th round, 72nd pick), Al Grant (9th round, 79th pick), Don Yates (10th round, 86th pick), Curt Gammell (11th round, 93rd pick), Lonnie Lynn (12th round, 99th pick), Nick Aloi (13th round, 102nd pick), Ollie Carter (14th round, 104th pick), Paul Long (15th round, 106th pick) and Eddie Jackson (16th round, 108th pick) in the 1966 NBA Draft.
- November 10, 1966: Signed Tom Hoover as a free agent.
- May 3, 1967: Selected Tom Workman (1st round, 8th pick), Bob Verga (3rd round, 25th pick), Wes Bialosuknia (4th round, 37th pick), Mike Wittman (5th round, 49th pick), John Morrison (6th round, 61st pick), Carl Fuller (7th round, 73rd pick), Arvesta Kelly (8th round, 85th pick), Ed Biedenbach (9th round, 96th pick) and Rich Falkenbrush (10th round, 107th pick) in the 1967 NBA Draft.
- June 22, 1967: Signed Jay Miller as a free agent.
- September 5, 1967: Signed Jim Davis as a free agent.
- January 21, 1968: Traded Tom Workman and a 1968 3rd round draft pick (Jack Thompson) to the Baltimore Bullets for Don Ohl.
- June 4, 1968: Selected Skip Harlicka (1st round, 13th pick), Bob Warren (4th round, 47th pick), Rusty Parker (5th round, 61st pick), Phil Wagner (6th round, 75th pick), Oscar Smith (7th round, 89th pick), Marin Baietti (8th round, 103rd pick), Mack Daughty (9th round, 117th pick), Dwight Waller (10th round, 131st pick), Henry Watkins (11th round, 144th pick), Bill Harris (12th round, 157th pick), Frank Standard (13th round, 169th pick), George Hicker (14th round, 180th pick), Bernie Foster (15th round, 188th pick) and Terry Allerton (16th round, 196th pick) in the 1968 NBA Draft.
- September 11, 1968: Traded a 1969 3rd round draft pick (Lloyd Kerr) to the Phoenix Suns for Dennis Hamilton.
- October 12, 1968: Traded Lenny Wilkens to the Seattle SuperSonics for Mahdi Abdul-Rahman.
- November 15, 1968: Traded Dick Smith to the Seattle SuperSonics for Richie Guerin.
- April 7, 1969: Selected Butch Beard (1st round, 10th pick), Wally Anderzunas (2nd round, 25th pick), Billy Hann (4th round, 53rd pick), Don Griffin (4th round, 55th pick), Mike Mitchell (5th round, 67th pick), Guy Mackner (6th round, 81st pick), Bob Bundy (7th round, 95th pick), Bob Christian (8th round, 109th pick), Pete Gayeska (9th round, 123rd pick), Dick Stewart (10th round, 137th pick), Loran Bracci (11th round, 151st pick), Dave Jones (12th round, 164th pick), Dick Barton (13th round, 176th pick), Mike Dahl (14th round, 185th pick), Norm Carmichael (15th round, 193rd pick), Buddy Cornelius (16th round, 199th pick), John Tolmie (17th round, 205th pick), Cliff Parsons (18th round, 210th pick), Grady O'Malley (19th round, 214th pick) and Carl Rodwell (20th round, 217th pick) in the 1969 NBA Draft.
- May 8, 1969: Traded Paul Silas to the Phoenix Suns for Gary Gregor.
- September 20, 1969: Traded a 1970 3rd round draft pick (Vann Williford) to the Phoenix Suns for Gene Tormohlen.
- October 12, 1969: Traded Wally Anderzunas and a 1972 3rd round draft pick (Ron Riley) to the Cincinnati Royals for Dave Newmark.
- February 1, 1970: Traded John Arthurs to the Detroit Pistons for Walt Bellamy.
- February 2, 1970: Traded Zelmo Beaty to the San Francisco Warriors for Clyde Lee and a 1970 1st round draft pick (Pete Maravich). Lee was sent as the player to be named later on October 4, 1974.