Vincent Joseph Boryla (Moose)
Born: March 11, 1927 in East Chicago, Indiana
High School: Washington in East Chicago, Indiana
College: University of Denver
As Player: 285 G, 11.2 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 2.1 APG (Full Record)
As Coach: 3 Yrs, 80-85, .485 W-L% (Full Record)
- New York Knicks: January 4, 1960 to May 8, 1961
- Denver Nuggets: 1967 to June 2, 1967
- Utah Stars: 1970 to ?
- Denver Nuggets: May 7, 1984 to October 27, 1987
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
New York Knicks Franchise (January 4, 1960 - May 8, 1961)
Denver Nuggets Franchise (May 7, 1984 - October 27, 1987)
- January 11, 1960: Signed Whitey Bell as a free agent.
- January 24, 1960: Traded Ray Felix and a 1960 4th round draft pick (Ben Warley was later selected) to the Minneapolis Lakers for Dick Garmaker and a 1960 2nd round draft pick (Dave Budd was later selected).
- April 11, 1960: Selected Darrall Imhoff (1st round, 3rd pick), Dave Budd (2nd round, 10th pick) and Bob McNeill (3rd round, 19th pick) in the 1960 NBA Draft.
- September 21, 1960: Sold Cal Ramsey to the Syracuse Nationals.
- November 14, 1960: Sold Mike Farmer to the Cincinnati Royals.
- December 17, 1960: Purchased Phil Rollins from the St. Louis Hawks.
- January 18, 1961: Purchased Phil Jordon from the Cincinnati Royals.
- March 27, 1961: Selected Tom Stith (1st round, 2nd pick), Whitey Martin (2nd round, 10th pick), George Blaney (4th round, 33rd pick), Bill Smith (5th round, 42nd pick), Cleveland Buckner (6th round, 51st pick) and Donnie Butcher (7th round, 60th pick) in the 1961 NBA Draft.
- June 7, 1984: Traded Kiki Vandeweghe to the Portland Trail Blazers for Wayne Cooper, Fat Lever, Calvin Natt, a 1984 2nd round draft pick (Willie White was later selected) and a 1985 1st round draft pick (Blair Rasmussen was later selected).
- June 19, 1984: Selected Willie White (2nd round, 42nd pick) in the 1984 NBA Draft.
- August 3, 1984: Signed Elston Turner as a veteran free agent and sent Howard Carter to the Dallas Mavericks as compensation.
- October 31, 1984: Signed Joe Kopicki as a free agent.
- June 18, 1985: Selected Blair Rasmussen (1st round, 15th pick), Barry Stevens (2nd round, 43rd pick) and Pete Williams (4th round, 89th pick) in the 1985 NBA Draft.
- August 1, 1985: Signed Eddie Hughes as a free agent.
- June 17, 1986: Selected Maurice Martin (1st round, 16th pick), Mark Alarie (1st round, 18th pick), Otis Smith (2nd round, 41st pick) and Anthony Frederick (6th round, 133rd pick) in the 1986 NBA Draft.
- October 2, 1986: Traded a 1987 1st round draft pick (Olden Polynice was later selected) to the New York Knicks for Darrell Walker.
- October 4, 1986: Elston Turner signed as a veteran free agent with the Chicago Bulls; received a 1988 2nd round draft pick (Todd Mitchell was later selected) as compensation.
- October 11, 1986: Richard Anderson signed as a veteran free agent with the Houston Rockets; received a 1988 3rd round draft pick (Dwight Boyd was later selected) as compensation.
- October 24, 1986: Traded Pete Williams to the Milwaukee Bucks for a 1987 7th round draft pick (Curtis Hunter was later selected).
- June 22, 1987: Selected Andre Moore (2nd round, 31st pick) and Ron Grandison (5th round, 100th pick) in the 1987 NBA Draft.