Lawrence Harvey Brown
Born: September 14, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York
High School: Long Beach in Long Beach, New York
College: University of North Carolina
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Coach in 2002 (Full List)
As Player: 376 G, 11.2 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 6.7 APG (Full Record)
As Coach: 30 Yrs, 1327-1011, .568 W-L% (Full Record)
- Philadelphia 76ers: May 5, 1997 to May 19, 1998
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Philadelphia 76ers Franchise (May 5, 1997 - May 19, 1998)
- June 25, 1997: Selected Keith Van Horn (1st round, 2nd pick), Marko Milic (2nd round, 33rd pick), Kebu Stewart (2nd round, 35th pick) and James Collins (2nd round, 36th pick) in the 1997 NBA Draft.
- June 25, 1997: Traded James Collins to the Los Angeles Clippers for a 1998 2nd round draft pick (Jelani McCoy was later selected).
- June 27, 1997: Traded Michael Cage, Lucious Harris, Don MacLean and Keith Van Horn to the New Jersey Nets for Jim Jackson, Eric Montross, Anthony Parker and Tim Thomas.
- September 4, 1997: Signed Terry Cummings as a free agent.
- November 21, 1997: Traded Marko Milic to the Phoenix Suns for Tom Chambers.
- December 18, 1997: Traded Eric Montross, Jerry Stackhouse and a 2005 2nd round draft pick (Alex Acker was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons for Aaron McKie, Theo Ratliff and a 2003 1st round draft pick (Carlos Delfino was later selected).
- January 18, 1998: Traded a 1998 2nd round draft pick (Jelani McCoy was later selected) to the Seattle SuperSonics for Eric Snow.
- February 17, 1998: Traded Jim Jackson and Clarence Weatherspoon to the Golden State Warriors for Brian Shaw and Joe Smith.
- February 19, 1998: Traded Terry Cummings to the New York Knicks for Ron Grandison and Herb Williams.
- March 10, 1998: Signed William Cunningham to a 10-day contract.
- March 11, 1998: Signed Benoit Benjamin to the first of two 10-day contracts.
- March 30, 1998: Signed Benoit Benjamin to a contract for the rest of the season.