- Boston Celtics: 1946 to April 27, 1950
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Boston Celtics Franchise (January 1, 1946 - April 27, 1950)
- December 12, 1946: Traded Tony Kappen to the Pittsburgh Ironmen for Moe Becker.
- January 2, 1947: Traded Red Wallace to the Toronto Huskies for Charlie Hoefer.
- April 29, 1947: Traded Wyndol Gray to the St. Louis Bombers for Cecil Hankins.
- July 1, 1947: Selected Bulbs Ehlers (1st round, 3rd pick), Gene Stump (3rd round, 23rd pick) and Jack Hewson (?? round, 50th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- October 27, 1947: Traded John Abramovic to the St. Louis Bombers for George Munroe and cash.
- February 9, 1948: Traded Connie Simmons to the Baltimore Bullets for Mike Bloom.
- May 1, 1948: Traded Ed Sadowski to the Philadelphia Warriors for Hank Beenders and Chick Halbert.
- August 30, 1948: Sold Mike Bloom to the Minneapolis Lakers.
- October, 1948: Purchased Jim Seminoff from the Chicago Stags.
- October 13, 1948: Purchased Stan Stutz from the New York Knicks.
- November 19, 1948: Signed Bob Doll as a free agent.
- November 20, 1948: Purchased Bill Roberts from the Chicago Stags.
- January 16, 1949: Traded Chick Halbert and Mel Riebe to the Providence Steam Rollers for George Nostrand.
- January 21, 1949: Signed Earl Shannon as a free agent.
- January 27, 1949: Purchased Phil Farbman from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- January 30, 1949: Purchased Bob Kinney from the Fort Wayne Pistons.
- March 21, 1949: Selected George Kaftan (1st round, 4th pick), Tony Lavelli (2nd round, 16th pick) and Joe Mullaney (3rd round, 28th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- June 22, 1949: Sold Gene Stump to the Minneapolis Lakers.
- September 28, 1949: Traded Chick Halbert to the Washington Capitols for Sonny Hertzberg.
- December 15, 1949: Sold George Nostrand to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.
- January 29, 1950: Traded Gene Englund to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks for John Mahnken.
- February 1, 1950: Sold Dermie O'Connell to the St. Louis Bombers.
- April 25, 1950: Selected Chuck Share (1st round, 1st pick), Chuck Cooper (2nd round, 13th pick), Bob Donham (3rd round, 25th pick) and Mo Mahoney (6th round, 61st pick) in the 1950 NBA Draft.