- Detroit Pistons: October 5, 1965 to June 23, 1975
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Detroit Pistons Franchise (October 5, 1965 - June 23, 1975)
- November 25, 1965: Signed Bob Warlick as a free agent.
- December 24, 1965: Traded Rod Thorn to the St. Louis Hawks for John Tresvant and Chico Vaughn.
- December 28, 1965: Traded Joe Caldwell to the St. Louis Hawks for John Barnhill.
- May 11, 1966: Selected Dave Bing (1st round, 2nd pick) and Dorie Murrey (2nd round, 12th pick) in the 1966 NBA Draft.
- September 1, 1966: Sold Bob Warlick to the San Francisco Warriors.
- January 16, 1967: As part of a 3-team trade, the Detroit Pistons traded Ray Scott to the Baltimore Bullets; the Baltimore Bullets traded Mel Counts to the Los Angeles Lakers; and the Los Angeles Lakers traded Rudy LaRusso and a 1967 1st round draft pick (Sonny Dove was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons. Detroit got a 1st round draft pick in 1967 when LaRusso refused to report; LaRusso was later sold to San Francisco.
- January 29, 1967: Purchased Wayne Hightower from the Baltimore Bullets.
- February 17, 1967: Signed Bob Hogsett as a free agent.
- March 7, 1967: Hired Donnie Butcher as Head Coach.
- May 3, 1967: Selected Jimmy Walker (1st round, 1st pick), Sonny Dove (1st round, 4th pick), Paul Long (5th round, 45th pick) and George Carter (8th round, 81st pick) in the 1967 NBA Draft.
- August 31, 1967: Sold Rudy LaRusso to the San Francisco Warriors.
- October 2, 1967: Traded Reggie Harding to the Chicago Bulls for a 1968 3rd round draft pick (Don Dee was later selected).
- November 27, 1967: Traded a 1968 3rd round draft pick (Fred Foster was later selected) to the Cincinnati Royals for Len Chappell.
- February 1, 1968: Traded John Tresvant and Tom Van Arsdale to the Cincinnati Royals for Jim Fox and Happy Hairston.
- June 4, 1968: Selected Otto Moore (1st round, 6th pick), Manny Leaks (2nd round, 20th pick) and Rich Niemann (4th round, 42nd pick) in the 1968 NBA Draft.
- October 12, 1968: Signed Paul Long as a free agent.
- December 2, 1968: Fired Donnie Butcher as Head Coach.
- December 2, 1968: Hired Paul Seymour as Head Coach.
- December 17, 1968: Traded Jim Fox and a 1969 3rd round draft pick (Lamar Green was later selected) to the Phoenix Suns for McCoy McLemore.
- December 19, 1968: Traded Dave DeBusschere to the New York Knicks for Walt Bellamy and Howard Komives.
- January 1, 1969: Traded Rich Niemann and cash to the Milwaukee Bucks for Dave Gambee.
- April 7, 1969: Selected Terry Driscoll (1st round, 4th pick), Willie Norwood (2nd round, 19th pick), Steve Mix (5th round, 61st pick), Bob Arnzen (8th round, 103rd pick) and George Reynolds (9th round, 117th pick) in the 1969 NBA Draft.
- May 21, 1969: Hired Butch Van Breda Kolff as Head Coach.
- October 10, 1969: Traded Dave Gambee to the San Francisco Warriors for a future draft pick.
- November 1, 1969: Traded a 1970 2nd round draft pick (Jake Ford was later selected) to the Seattle SuperSonics for Erwin Mueller.
- November 27, 1969: Traded Happy Hairston to the Los Angeles Lakers for Bill Hewitt and a 1970 3rd round draft pick (Jim Hayes was later selected).
- February 1, 1970: Traded Walt Bellamy to the Atlanta Hawks for John Arthurs.
- February 1, 1970: Traded Eddie Miles and a 1970 4th round draft pick (Bill Stricker was later selected) to the Baltimore Bullets for Bob Quick and a 1970 2nd round draft pick (Ken Warzynski was later selected).
- March 23, 1970: Selected Bob Lanier (1st round, 1st pick), Dan Issel (8th round, 122nd pick), Harvey Marlatt (16th round, 224th pick) and Curtis Rowe (1st round, 11th pick) in the 1970 NBA Draft.
- March 29, 1971: Selected Isaiah Wilson (2nd round, 29th pick) in the 1971 NBA Draft.
- April 2, 1971: Traded Otto Moore to the Phoenix Suns for a 1972 1st round draft pick (Bob Nash was later selected).
- November 1, 1971: Appointed Terry Dischinger as Interim Head Coach.
- November 3, 1971: Hired Earl Lloyd as Head Coach.
- December 10, 1971: Traded a 1972 1st round draft pick (Corky Calhoun was later selected) to the Houston Rockets for Jim Davis.
- April 10, 1972: Selected Bob Nash (1st round, 9th pick) and Chris Ford (2nd round, 17th pick) in the 1972 NBA Draft.
- July 31, 1972: Traded Terry Dischinger to the Portland Trail Blazers for Fred Foster.
- August 1, 1972: Traded Jimmy Walker to the Houston Rockets for Stu Lantz.
- September 29, 1972: Traded Howard Komives to the Buffalo Braves for a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Mike D'Antoni was later selected).
- October 31, 1972: Traded a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Tom Ingelsby was later selected) to the Atlanta Hawks for Don Adams.
- November 9, 1972: Traded a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Mike D'Antoni was later selected) to the Kansas City-Omaha Kings for John Mengelt.
- February 5, 1973: Signed Justus Thigpen as a free agent.
- April 13, 1973: Traded a 1973 1st round draft pick (Dwight Jones was later selected) to the Atlanta Hawks for George Trapp.
- April 24, 1973: Selected Larry Kenon (3rd round, 50th pick), Ben Kelso (8th round, 129th pick) and Al Eberhard (1st round, 15th pick) in the 1973 NBA Draft.
- May 28, 1974: Selected Eric Money (2nd round, 33rd pick) and Bill Ligon (10th round, 175th pick) in the 1974 NBA Draft.
- November 18, 1974: Signed Otto Moore as a free agent.
- December 24, 1974: Traded a 1975 1st round draft pick (Bill Robinzine was later selected) to the New York Knicks for Howard Porter.
- May 29, 1975: Selected Lindsay Hairston (4th round, 64th pick) and Terry Thomas (9th round, 151st pick) in the 1975 NBA Draft.