- Brooklyn Nets: May 1, 1974 to May 15, 1975
- New York Knicks: May 20, 1982 to January 3, 1986
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
New York Knicks Franchise (May 20, 1982 - January 3, 1986)
- June 29, 1982: Selected Trent Tucker (1st round, 6th pick), Scott Hastings (2nd round, 29th pick) and Vince Taylor (2nd round, 34th pick) in the 1982 NBA Draft.
- July 7, 1982: Traded Maurice Lucas to the Phoenix Suns for Truck Robinson.
- September 10, 1982: Signed Ernie Grunfeld as a veteran free agent.
- September 30, 1982: Traded a 1983 3rd round draft pick (Bruce Kuczenski was later selected) to the New Jersey Nets for Ed Sherod.
- October 22, 1982: Traded Micheal Ray Richardson and a 1984 5th round draft pick (Scott McCollum was later selected) to the Golden State Warriors for Bernard King.
- October 22, 1982: Traded a 1983 2nd round draft pick (Scooter McCray was later selected) to the Indiana Pacers for Louis Orr.
- October 28, 1982: Randy Smith signed as a veteran free agent with the San Diego Clippers; received FROM_TRADE as compensation.
- February 12, 1983: Traded Scott Hastings and cash to the Atlanta Hawks for Rory Sparrow.
- February 23, 1983: Signed Mike Davis to two 10-day contracts, then signed to a contract for the rest of the season.
- June 22, 1983: Traded a 1984 2nd round draft pick (Tom Sluby was later selected) to the New Jersey Nets for Len Elmore.
- June 28, 1983: Selected Darrell Walker (1st round, 12th pick) and Mark Jones (4th round, 82nd pick) in the 1983 NBA Draft.
- June 29, 1983: Traded Sly Williams and cash to the Atlanta Hawks for Rudy Macklin.
- September 17, 1983: Traded Vince Taylor and a 1984 1st round draft pick (Vern Fleming was later selected) to the Indiana Pacers for Billy Knight.
- September 17, 1983: Traded Billy Knight and cash to the Kansas City Kings for Ray Williams.
- September 28, 1983: Signed Eric Fernsten as a free agent.
- September 30, 1983: Signed Charles Jones as a free agent.
- June 19, 1984: Selected Bob Thornton (4th round, 87th pick), Eddie Lee Wilkins (6th round, 133rd pick) and Ken Bannister (7th round, 156th pick) in the 1984 NBA Draft.
- June 27, 1984: Signed Pat Cummings as a veteran free agent and sent a 1985 3rd round draft pick (Leonard Allen was later selected) and a 1986 2nd round draft pick (Mark Price was later selected) to the Dallas Mavericks as compensation.
- August, 1984: Signed Ron Cavenall as a free agent.
- August 1, 1984: Signed Clinton Wheeler as a free agent.
- September 29, 1984: Traded Campy Russell to the Cleveland Cavaliers for a 1985 2nd round draft pick. The 2nd round draft pick was contingent upon Russell being on Cleveland's roster on December 1, 1984 but he was waived on November 5, 1984.
- October 19, 1984: Traded a 1985 2nd round draft pick (Dwayne McClain was later selected) to the Indiana Pacers for Butch Carter.
- October 24, 1984: Traded a 1986 3rd round draft pick (Forrest McKenzie was later selected) to the San Antonio Spurs for James Bailey.
- February 21, 1985: Ray Williams signed as a veteran free agent with the Boston Celtics; received a 1985 2nd round draft pick (Gerald Wilkins was later selected) and a 1986 2nd round draft pick (Michael Jackson was later selected) as compensation.
- June 18, 1985: Selected Patrick Ewing (1st round, 1st pick), Gerald Wilkins (2nd round, 47th pick) and Fred Cofield (4th round, 73rd pick) in the 1985 NBA Draft.
- September 27, 1985: Signed Clinton Wheeler as a free agent.