- Golden State Warriors: August 7, 1963 to June 17, 1974
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Golden State Warriors Franchise (August 7, 1963 - June 17, 1974)
- August 14, 1963: Traded Hubie White to the Philadelphia 76ers for John Windsor.
- September 4, 1963: Sold Willie Naulls to the Boston Celtics.
- May 4, 1964: Selected Barry Kramer (1st round, 7th pick), Bud Koper (2nd round, 16th pick) and McCoy McLemore (3rd round, 25th pick) in the 1964 NBA Draft.
- January 15, 1965: Traded Wilt Chamberlain to the Philadelphia 76ers for Connie Dierking, Paul Neumann, Lee Shaffer and cash.
- February 2, 1965: Signed John Rudometkin as a free agent.
- February 3, 1965: Sold Wayne Hightower to the Baltimore Bullets.
- February 8, 1965: Signed Cotton Nash as a free agent.
- May 6, 1965: Selected Fred Hetzel (1st round, 1st pick), Rick Barry (1st round, 4th pick), Will Frazier (2nd round, 12th pick) and Keith Erickson (3rd round, 21st pick) in the 1965 NBA Draft.
- October 20, 1965: Traded Connie Dierking and Art Heyman to the Cincinnati Royals for Bud Olsen and cash.
- March 22, 1966: Fired Alex Hannum as Head Coach.
- March 22, 1966: Hired Bill Sharman as Head Coach.
- May 11, 1966: Selected Clyde Lee (1st round, 3rd pick) and Joe Ellis (2nd round, 13th pick) in the 1966 NBA Draft.
- June 7, 1966: Signed Bill McGill as a free agent.
- September 1, 1966: Purchased Bob Warlick from the Detroit Pistons.
- September 7, 1966: Traded Guy Rodgers to the Chicago Bulls for Jim King, Jeff Mullins and cash.
- May 3, 1967: Selected Dave Lattin (1st round, 10th pick), Bill Turner (3rd round, 27th pick), Bobby Lewis (4th round, 39th pick) and Dale Schlueter (6th round, 63rd pick) in the 1967 NBA Draft.
- August 31, 1967: Purchased Rudy LaRusso from the Detroit Pistons.
- May 14, 1968: Hired George Lee as Head Coach.
- June 4, 1968: Selected Ron Williams (1st round, 9th pick), Bob Allen (6th round, 71st pick) and Bob Portman (1st round, 7th pick) in the 1968 NBA Draft.
- April 7, 1969: Selected in the 1969 NBA Draft.
- October 10, 1969: Traded a future draft pick to the Detroit Pistons for Dave Gambee.
- October 25, 1969: Traded Jim King and Bill Turner to the Cincinnati Royals for Jerry Lucas.
- December 25, 1969: Traded a 1970 2nd round draft pick (Tiny Archibald was later selected) to the Cincinnati Royals for Adrian Smith.
- January 27, 1970: Fired George Lee as Head Coach.
- January 27, 1970: Hired Al Attles as Head Coach.
- February 2, 1970: Traded Clyde Lee and a 1970 1st round draft pick (Pete Maravich was later selected) to the Atlanta Hawks for Zelmo Beaty. Lee was sent as the player to be named later on October 4, 1974.
- March 23, 1970: Selected Ralph Ogden (4th round, 53rd pick), Levi Fontaine (5th round, 70th pick), Vic Bartolome (6th round, 87th pick) and Coby Dietrick (10th round, 155th pick) in the 1970 NBA Draft.
- September 23, 1970: Signed Nick Jones as a free agent.
- January 17, 1971: Signed Bill Turner as a free agent.
- March 23, 1971: Traded a 1971 2nd round draft pick (Charlie Yelverton was later selected), a 1971 3rd round draft pick (William Smith was later selected) and a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Dave Twardzik was later selected) to the Portland Trail Blazers for Jim Barnett.
- March 29, 1971: Selected Odis Allison (5th round, 76th pick) and Charles Johnson (6th round, 93rd pick) in the 1971 NBA Draft.
- May 7, 1971: Traded Jerry Lucas to the New York Knicks for Cazzie Russell.
- April 10, 1972: Selected Bill Chamberlain (3rd round, 43rd pick), John Tschogl (4th round, 60th pick) and Charles Dudley (5th round, 76th pick) in the 1972 NBA Draft.
- July 1, 1972: Signed Rick Barry as a free agent. Barry returned from the ABA.
- September 28, 1972: Signed George Johnson as a free agent.
- November 15, 1972: Signed Mahdi Abdul-Rahman as a free agent.
- April 24, 1973: Selected Derrek Dickey (2nd round, 29th pick) in the 1973 NBA Draft.
- July 25, 1973: Traded Mahdi Abdul-Rahman to the Seattle SuperSonics for Butch Beard.
- August 24, 1973: Sold Ron Williams to the Milwaukee Bucks.
- January 24, 1974: Traded Bill Chamberlain to the Phoenix Suns for a 1975 3rd round draft pick (Otis Johnson was later selected).
- May 28, 1974: Selected Jamaal Wilkes (1st round, 11th pick), Phil Smith (2nd round, 29th pick) and Frank Kendrick (3rd round, 47th pick) in the 1974 NBA Draft.