- Detroit Pistons: June 23, 1975 to May 25, 1977
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Detroit Pistons Franchise (June 23, 1975 - May 25, 1977)
- August 28, 1975: Traded Dave Bing and a 1977 1st round draft pick (Tree Rollins was later selected) to the Washington Bullets for Kevin Porter.
- September 25, 1975: Traded a 1978 1st round draft pick (Ron Brewer was later selected) to the Seattle SuperSonics for Archie Clark.
- September 30, 1975: Traded a 1976 2nd round draft pick (Earl Tatum was later selected) to the Phoenix Suns for Earl Williams. Williams was originally traded for Willie Norwood on May 28, 1975 but the trade was cancelled.
- December 17, 1975: Signed Wali Jones as a free agent.
- January 18, 1976: Signed Roger Brown as a free agent.
- January 26, 1976: Fired Ray Scott as Head Coach.
- January 26, 1976: Hired Herb Brown as Head Coach.
- February 24, 1976: Signed Henry Dickerson as a free agent.
- June 8, 1976: Selected Leon Douglas (1st round, 4th pick) and Phil Sellers (3rd round, 38th pick) in the 1976 NBA Draft.
- June 12, 1976: Signed M.L. Carr as a free agent.
- July 6, 1976: Signed Cornelius Cash as a free agent.
- October 20, 1976: As part of a 3-team trade, the Detroit Pistons traded Curtis Rowe to the Boston Celtics; the Boston Celtics traded Paul Silas to the Denver Nuggets; and the Denver Nuggets traded Ralph Simpson to the Detroit Pistons.
- November 18, 1976: Sold John Mengelt to the Chicago Bulls.