- Cleveland Cavaliers: February 6, 2014 to present (Appointed Interim GM when Chris Grant was fired; made permanent on 5/12/2014)
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Cleveland Cavaliers Franchise (February 6, 2014 - Present)
- February 20, 2014: Traded Earl Clark, Henry Sims, a 2014 2nd round draft pick and a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Spencer Hawes.
- February 22, 2014: Signed Arinze Onuaku to a 10-day contract.
- March 12, 2014: Signed Shane Edwards to a 10-day contract.
- March 21, 2014: Signed Seth Curry to a 10-day contract.
- May 12, 2014: Fired Mike Brown as Head Coach.
- June 20, 2014: Hired David Blatt as Head Coach.
- June 26, 2014: Selected Andrew Wiggins (1st round, 1st pick) and Joe Harris (2nd round, 33rd pick) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- June 27, 2014: Traded Alonzo Gee to the Charlotte Bobcats for Brendan Haywood and Dwight Powell.
- July 10, 2014: As part of a 3-team trade, the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev to the Brooklyn Nets; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Tyler Zeller and a future 1st round draft pick to the Boston Celtics; the Boston Celtics traded a future 2nd round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers; and the Brooklyn Nets traded Marcus Thornton to the Boston Celtics. (Boston's acquired 1st-round pick is protected from 2016-2018, unprotected in 2019. Cleveland also receives draft rights to Ilkan Karamen, Christian Drejer, and Edin Bavcic from Brooklyn.)
- July 22, 2014: Traded Carrick Felix, cash and a 2015 2nd round draft pick to the Utah Jazz for John Lucas III, Erik Murphy and Malcolm Thomas.
- August 23, 2014: As part of a 3-team trade, the Cleveland Cavaliers traded a 2015 1st round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins and a trade exception to the Minnesota Timberwolves; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved to the Philadelphia 76ers; and the Philadelphia 76ers traded Thaddeus Young to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- September 25, 2014: Traded John Lucas III, Erik Murphy, Dwight Powell, Malcolm Thomas, a 2016 2nd round draft pick and a 2017 2nd round draft pick to the Boston Celtics for Keith Bogans, a 2015 2nd round draft pick and a 2017 2nd round draft pick. (Cleveland's acquired draft picks are top-55 protected.)
- September 27, 2014: Traded Keith Bogans and a 2018 2nd round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for a 2015 2nd round draft pick. (The 2015 pick is protected.)
- January 5, 2015: As part of a 3-team trade, the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Dion Waiters to the Oklahoma City Thunder; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Louis Amundson, Alex Kirk and a 2019 2nd round draft pick to the New York Knicks; the New York Knicks traded Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith to the Cleveland Cavaliers; the Oklahoma City Thunder traded a 2015 1st round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers; and the Oklahoma City Thunder traded Lance Thomas to the New York Knicks. (2015 OKC 1st-rd pick is top-18 protected in 2015, top-15 protected in 2016 & 2017. Will become two 2nd-round picks if not conveyed by 2017).
- January 7, 2015: Traded TO_TRADE to the Denver Nuggets for Timofey Mozgov and a 2015 2nd round draft pick. (CLE sends pair of 1st-Rd picks to DEN. One of the picks is from OKC, which is top-18 protected in 2015 & top-15 protected afterwards. The other pick is from MEM & is conveyed if between 6-14 in 2015 or 2016 & and is top-5 protected in 2017 & 2018).
- June 25, 2015: Selected Tyus Jones (1st round, 24th pick) and Sir'Dominic Pointer (2nd round, 53rd pick) in the 2015 NBA Draft.
- June 25, 2015: Traded Tyus Jones to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a 2015 2nd round draft pick (Rakeem Christmas was later selected) and a 2015 2nd round draft pick (Cedi Osman was later selected).
- July 23, 2015: Traded Rakeem Christmas to the Indiana Pacers for a 2019 2nd round draft pick. (Lakers 2nd round pick)
- July 27, 2015: Traded Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, a 2019 2nd round draft pick and a 2020 2nd round draft pick to the Portland Trail Blazers for cash considerations.
- January 12, 2016: Traded Joe Harris, cash considerations and a 2017 2nd round draft pick to the Orlando Magic for a 2020 2nd round draft pick. (2017 2nd-Rd Pick is protected pick from SAC) (2020 2nd-rd pick is protected pick from POR)
- January 22, 2016: Fired David Blatt as Coach.
- January 22, 2016: Hired Tyronn Lue as Coach.