Richard V. Guerin
Born: May 29, 1932 in New York, New York
High School: Mount Saint Michael in Bronx, New York
College: Iona College
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 2013 (Full List)
As Player: 848 G, 17.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 5.0 APG (Full Record)
As Coach: 8 Yrs, 327-291, .529 W-L% (Full Record)
- Atlanta Hawks: April 24, 1972 to August 4, 1973
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Atlanta Hawks Franchise (April 24, 1972 - August 4, 1973)
- October 9, 1972: Traded a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Pat McFarland was later selected) to the New York Knicks for Eddie Mast.
- October 31, 1972: Traded Don Adams to the Detroit Pistons for a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Tom Ingelsby was later selected).
- January 15, 1973: Signed John Wetzel as a free agent.
- January 26, 1973: Traded Jeff Halliburton to the Philadelphia 76ers for a 1973 3rd round draft pick (Ted Manakas was later selected).
- February 1, 1973: Traded Don May to the Philadelphia 76ers for Dale Schlueter. Schlueter was sent to Atlanta to complete the trade on April 18, 1973.
- February 26, 1973: Signed John Tschogl as a free agent.
- April 13, 1973: Traded George Trapp to the Detroit Pistons for a 1973 1st round draft pick (Dwight Jones was later selected).
- April 24, 1973: Selected Dwight Jones (1st round, 9th pick), John Brown (1st round, 10th pick), Tom Ingelsby (2nd round, 27th pick), Ted Manakas (3rd round, 36th pick) and John Williamson (6th round, 96th pick) in the 1973 NBA Draft.