Born: August 20, 1904 in Rochester, New York
Died: December 23, 1997
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Contributor in 1980 (Full List)
As Coach: 7 Yrs, 295-181, .620 W-L% (Full Record)
- Sacramento Kings: 1948 to March 26, 1958
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Sacramento Kings Franchise (January 1, 1948 - March 26, 1958)
- May 10, 1948: Selected Bobby Wanzer (1st round, 10th pick), Bill Gabor (?? round, 22nd pick) and Leo Kubiak (?? round, 46th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- December 21, 1948: Sold Lionel Malamed to the Indianapolis Jets.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Pep Saul (1st round, 12th pick) and Jack Coleman (2nd round, 24th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- November 23, 1949: Sold Mike Novak to the Philadelphia Warriors.
- December 12, 1949: Purchased Ed Mikan from the Chicago Stags.
- April 25, 1950: Selected Joe McNamee (1st round, 10th pick) in the 1950 NBA Draft.
- June 27, 1950: Sold Andy Duncan to the Boston Celtics.
- August 10, 1950: Traded Ray Ellefson to the New York Knicks for Paul Noel.
- September 23, 1950: Signed Odie Spears as a free agent.
- November 29, 1950: Sold Ed Mikan to the Washington Capitols.
- April 25, 1951: Selected Sam Ranzino (1st round, 8th pick), Ray Ragelis (2nd round, 18th pick), Fred Diute (3rd round, 28th pick) and Elmer Behnke (4th round, 38th pick) in the 1951 NBA Draft.
- January 18, 1952: Purchased Alex Hannum from the Baltimore Bullets.
- April 26, 1952: Selected Jack McMahon (?? round, 59th pick) in the 1952 NBA Draft.
- August 8, 1952: Purchased Cal Christensen from the Milwaukee Hawks.
- April 24, 1953: Selected Richie Regan (1st round, 5th pick), Norm Swanson (2nd round, 14th pick), Frank Reddout (3rd round, 23rd pick) and Tom Marshall (1st round, 7th pick) in the 1953 NBA Draft.
- April 24, 1954: Selected Boris Nachamkin (2nd round, 16th pick), Art Spoelstra (4th round, 34th pick) and Red Davis (6th round, 52nd pick) in the 1954 NBA Draft.
- December 10, 1954: Sold Alex Hannum to the Milwaukee Hawks.
- April 13, 1955: Selected Maurice Stokes (1st round, 2nd pick), Jack Twyman (2nd round, 10th pick) and Ed Fleming (3rd round, 18th pick) in the 1955 NBA Draft.
- May 12, 1955: Purchased Zeke Zawoluk from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- September 30, 1955: Traded Odie Spears to the Fort Wayne Pistons for Monk Meineke.
- October 25, 1955: Signed Connie Simmons as a free agent.
- October 26, 1955: Sold Arnie Risen to the Boston Celtics.
- April 30, 1956: Selected Si Green (1st round, 1st pick), Bob Burrow (2nd round, 9th pick), Dave Piontek (3rd round, 17th pick) and Johnny McCarthy (4th round, 25th pick) in the 1956 NBA Draft.
- July 23, 1956: Signed Lew Hitch as a free agent.
- January 4, 1957: Sold Lew Hitch to the Philadelphia Warriors.
- April 17, 1957: Selected Hot Rod Hundley (1st round, 1st pick), Dick Duckett (2nd round, 9th pick) and Jerry Paulson (3rd round, 17th pick) in the 1957 NBA Draft.
- April 17, 1957: Traded Bob Burrow, Ed Fleming, Hot Rod Hundley, Monk Meineke and Art Spoelstra to the Minneapolis Lakers for Clyde Lovellette and Jim Paxson.
- August 15, 1957: Purchased George King from the Syracuse Nationals.
- November 7, 1957: Signed Monk Meineke as a free agent.
- December 10, 1957: Sold Tom Marshall to the Detroit Pistons.