Paul James Hoffman (Bear, The Body)
Born: April 12, 1925
Died: November 12, 1998
High School: Jasper in Jasper, Indiana
College: Purdue University
As Player: 317 G, 10.2 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 2.9 APG (Full Record)
- Washington Wizards: June 3, 1963 to May 5, 1965
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Washington Wizards Franchise (June 3, 1963 - May 5, 1965)
- August 15, 1963: Signed Mel Peterson as a free agent.
- October 28, 1963: Traded Larry Staverman to the Detroit Pistons for Kevin Loughery.
- October 29, 1963: Traded Bill McGill to the New York Knicks for Paul Hogue and Gene Shue.
- May 4, 1964: Selected Gary Bradds (1st round, 3rd pick) and Tom Black (9th round, 74th pick) in the 1964 NBA Draft.
- June 18, 1964: Traded Terry Dischinger, Don Kojis and Rod Thorn to the Detroit Pistons for Bob Ferry, Bailey Howell, Les Hunter, Wali Jones and Don Ohl.
- August 26, 1964: Purchased Steve Courtin from the Cincinnati Royals.
- October 17, 1964: Purchased Al Butler from the New York Knicks.
- November 11, 1964: Signed Gary Hill as a free agent.
- February 3, 1965: Purchased Wayne Hightower from the San Francisco Warriors.