Born: August 10, 1920 in Brooklyn, New York
Died: November 13, 1998
High School: Franklin K. Lane in Brooklyn, New York
College: City College of New York
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Coach in 1986 (Full List)
As Player: 358 G, 6.1 PPG, 1.5 RPG, 2.0 APG (Full Record)
As Coach: 18 Yrs, 696-604, .535 W-L% (Full Record)
- New York Knicks: March 9, 1970 to April 15, 1975
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
New York Knicks Franchise (March 9, 1970 - April 15, 1975)
- March 23, 1970: Selected Mike Price (1st round, 17th pick) and Greg Fillmore (8th round, 136th pick) in the 1970 NBA Draft.
- June 20, 1970: Traded Nate Bowman and Mike Silliman to the Buffalo Braves for cash.
- March 29, 1971: Selected Dean Meminger (1st round, 16th pick) and Ken Mayfield (3rd round, 50th pick) in the 1971 NBA Draft.
- May 7, 1971: Traded Cazzie Russell to the San Francisco Warriors for Jerry Lucas.
- October 22, 1971: Signed Eddie Miles as a free agent.
- November 10, 1971: Traded Mike Riordan, Dave Stallworth and cash to the Baltimore Bullets for Earl Monroe.
- November 15, 1971: Traded a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Steve Hawes was later selected) and a future draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Luther Rackley.
- December 10, 1971: Traded a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Caldwell Jones was later selected) to the Chicago Bulls for Charlie Paulk.
- April 10, 1972: Selected Tom Riker (1st round, 8th pick) and Henry Bibby (4th round, 58th pick) in the 1972 NBA Draft.
- September 19, 1972: Purchased John Gianelli from the Houston Rockets.
- October 9, 1972: Traded Eddie Mast to the Atlanta Hawks for a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Pat McFarland was later selected).
- February 1, 1973: Signed Harthorne Wingo as a free agent.
- April 24, 1973: Selected Mel Davis (1st round, 14th pick), Allie McGuire (3rd round, 49th pick), George Karl (4th round, 66th pick) and Dennis Bell (5th round, 83rd pick) in the 1973 NBA Draft.
- October 23, 1973: Signed Dick Garrett as a free agent.
- May 28, 1974: Traded a 1974 1st round draft pick (Maurice Lucas was later selected) to the Chicago Bulls for Howard Porter and a 1975 2nd round draft pick (Larry Fogle was later selected).
- May 28, 1974: Selected Jesse Dark (2nd round, 32nd pick) and Greg Jackson (5th round, 86th pick) in the 1974 NBA Draft.
- October 28, 1974: Signed Dave Stallworth as a free agent.
- December 24, 1974: Traded Howard Porter to the Detroit Pistons for a 1975 1st round draft pick (Bill Robinzine was later selected).
- February 1, 1975: Traded Henry Bibby and a 1975 1st round draft pick (Bill Robinzine was later selected) to the New Orleans Jazz for Jim Barnett and Neal Walk.