Robert J. Houbregs (Houby)
Born: March 12, 1932 in Vancouver, Canada
Died: May 28, 2014
High School: Queen Anne in Seattle, Washington
College: University of Washington
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 1987 (Full List)
As Player: 281 G, 9.3 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 1.8 APG (Full Record)
- Oklahoma City Thunder: November 18, 1969 to May 3, 1973
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Oklahoma City Thunder Franchise (November 18, 1969 - May 3, 1973)
- January 23, 1970: Sold John Tresvant to the Los Angeles Lakers.
- March 23, 1970: Selected Jim Ard (1st round, 6th pick), Jake Ford (2nd round, 20th pick), Pete Cross (2nd round, 23rd pick) and Gar Heard (3rd round, 40th pick) in the 1970 NBA Draft.
- April 15, 1970: Purchased Don Kojis from the San Diego Rockets.
- September 17, 1970: Traded Lucius Allen and Bob Boozer to the Milwaukee Bucks for Zaid Abdul-Aziz and cash.
- September 28, 1970: Signed Tom Black as a free agent.
- December 30, 1970: Signed Spencer Haywood as a free agent. The NBA sued Seattle because Haywood violated rules stating a player could not join the league until he was four years out of high school; the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Seattle on March 8, 1971.
- March 29, 1971: Selected Fred Brown (1st round, 6th pick), Jim McDaniels (2nd round, 23rd pick) and Charlie Lowery (8th round, 125th pick) in the 1971 NBA Draft.
- November 25, 1971: Traded Bob Rule to the Philadelphia 76ers for a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Joby Wright was later selected) and a future 2nd round draft pick.
- April 10, 1972: Selected Bud Stallworth (1st round, 7th pick), Joby Wright (2nd round, 18th pick), Brian Taylor (2nd round, 23rd pick) and Jim Creighton (3rd round, 40th pick) in the 1972 NBA Draft.
- August 15, 1972: Purchased John Brisker from the Philadelphia 76ers.
- August 23, 1972: Traded Barry Clemens and Lenny Wilkens to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Butch Beard.
- September 18, 1972: Sold Zaid Abdul-Aziz to the Houston Rockets.
- October 9, 1972: Traded Pete Cross and Don Kojis to the Kansas City-Omaha Kings for Jim Fox and Dick Gibbs.
- October 20, 1972: Traded Gar Heard and a 1973 3rd round draft pick (Martin Terry was later selected) to the Chicago Bulls for Kenny McIntosh.
- February 26, 1973: Signed Charles Dudley as a free agent.