Daniel Paul Issel (Horse)
Born: October 25, 1948 in Batavia, Illinois
High School: Batavia in Batavia, Illinois
College: University of Kentucky
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 1993 (Full List)
As Player: 1218 G, 22.6 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 2.4 APG (Full Record)
As Coach: 6 Yrs, 180-208, .464 W-L% (Full Record)
- Denver Nuggets: March 25, 1998 to August 9, 2001
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Denver Nuggets Franchise (March 25, 1998 - August 9, 2001)
- June 24, 1998: Selected Raef LaFrentz (1st round, 3rd pick), Tyronn Lue (1st round, 23rd pick), Tremaine Fowlkes (2nd round, 54th pick) and Ryan Bowen (2nd round, 55th pick) in the 1998 NBA Draft.
- June 24, 1998: Traded Tony Battie and Tyronn Lue to the Los Angeles Lakers for Nick Van Exel.
- January 21, 1999: As part of a 3-team trade, the Denver Nuggets traded a 1999 1st round draft pick (Jonathan Bender was later selected) to the Toronto Raptors; the Denver Nuggets traded Dean Garrett and Bobby Jackson to the Minnesota Timberwolves; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Zeljko Rebraca, Micheal Williams and a 2000 1st round draft pick (Morris Peterson was later selected) to the Toronto Raptors; and the Toronto Raptors traded Chauncey Billups and Tyson Wheeler to the Denver Nuggets.
- January 21, 1999: Traded a 2000 1st round draft pick (Keyon Dooling was later selected) to the Orlando Magic for Keon Clark and Johnny Taylor.
- January 22, 1999: Signed Kelly McCarty as a free agent.
- January 22, 1999: Signed Cory Alexander as a free agent.
- January 22, 1999: Signed Antonio McDyess as a free agent.
- January 23, 1999: Signed Loren Meyer as a free agent.
- January 23, 1999: Signed Monty Williams as a free agent.
- March 3, 1999: Signed Carl Herrera as a free agent.
- June 30, 1999: Selected James Posey (1st round, 18th pick), Chris Herren (2nd round, 33rd pick) and Francisco Elson (2nd round, 41st pick) in the 1999 NBA Draft.
- August 3, 1999: Traded Danny Fortson, Eric Washington, Eric Williams and a 2001 1st round draft pick (Kedrick Brown was later selected) to the Boston Celtics for Popeye Jones, Ron Mercer and Dwayne Schintzius.
- August 3, 1999: Signed George McCloud as a free agent.
- September 2, 1999: Signed Shawnelle Scott as a free agent.
- October 1, 1999: Signed Roy Rogers as a free agent.
- February 1, 2000: Traded Chauncey Billups, Ron Mercer and Johnny Taylor to the Orlando Magic for Tariq Abdul-Wahad, Chris Gatling and a future 1st round draft pick. Denver accepted Omar Cook from Orlando on June 26, 2001 in lieu of the future 1st round draft pick.
- June 23, 2000: Traded a 2001 1st round draft pick (Joseph Forte was later selected) to the Utah Jazz for a 2000 1st round draft pick (Mamadou N'Diaye was later selected).
- June 27, 2000: Traded Chris Gatling and a 2000 2nd round draft pick (Eddie House was later selected) to the Miami Heat for Voshon Lenard and Mark Strickland.
- June 28, 2000: Selected Mamadou N'Diaye (1st round, 26th pick) and Dan McClintock (2nd round, 53rd pick) in the 2000 NBA Draft.
- September 25, 2000: Traded Popeye Jones and a 2002 2nd round draft pick (Rod Grizzard was later selected) to the Washington Wizards for Tracy Murray.
- September 26, 2000: Signed Terry Davis as a free agent.
- October 2, 2000: Signed Anthony Goldwire as a free agent.
- October 16, 2000: Traded Chris Herren and Bryant Stith to the Boston Celtics for Calbert Cheaney and Robert Pack.
- January 12, 2001: Traded Keon Clark, Tracy Murray and Mamadou N'Diaye to the Toronto Raptors for Garth Joseph, Aleksandar Radojevic, Kevin Willis and a 2001 2nd round draft pick (Ousmane Cisse was later selected).
- January 29, 2001: Signed Anthony Goldwire to two 10-day contracts, then signed to a contract for the rest of the season.
- June 27, 2001: Traded a future 1st round draft pick to the Orlando Magic for Omar Cook. The future 1st round draft pick was originally sent from Orlando to Denver in a trade on February 1, 2000.
- July 19, 2001: Signed Avery Johnson as a free agent.