Harry Edward Jeannette
Born: September 15, 1917 in New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Died: March 11, 1998
High School: New Kensington in New Kensington, Pennsylvania
College: Washington & Jefferson College
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 1994 (Full List)
As Player: 139 G, 7.2 PPG, 2.1 APG (Full Record)
As Coach: 7 Yrs, 151-203, .427 W-L% (Full Record)
- Baltimore Bullets: February 13, 1950 to January 18, 1951
- Washington Wizards: May 13, 1965 to August 4, 1968
- Pittsburgh Condors: 1969 to 1970
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Baltimore Bullets Franchise
- April 25, 1950: Selected Don Rehfeldt (1st round, 2nd pick), John Pilch (2nd round, 14th pick), Dick Dickey (3rd round, 26th pick) and Norm Mager (5th round, 50th pick) in the 1950 NBA Draft.
- August, 1950: Signed Billy Hassett as a free agent.
- October, 1950: Signed Ray Corley as a free agent.
- November 5, 1950: Sold Harry Boykoff to the Boston Celtics.
- November 29, 1950: Purchased Ed Bartels from the Syracuse Nationals.
- November 29, 1950: Purchased Don Otten from the Washington Capitols.
- December 1, 1950: Traded Dick Mehen to the Boston Celtics for Kenny Sailors and Brady Walker.
- December 4, 1950: Signed Don Carlson as a free agent.
- December 8, 1950: Sold Don Otten to the Fort Wayne Pistons.
- December 10, 1950: Purchased Belus Smawley from the Syracuse Nationals.
Washington Wizards Franchise
- September 22, 1965: Traded Wali Jones to the Philadelphia 76ers for Red Kerr.
- October 10, 1965: Traded Si Green to the Boston Celtics for a 1966 5th round draft pick (John Jones was later selected).
- October 27, 1965: Purchased Ben Warley from the Philadelphia 76ers.
- November 2, 1965: Traded Walt Bellamy to the New York Knicks for Jim Barnes, Johnny Egan, Johnny Green and cash.
- May 11, 1966: Selected Jack Marin (1st round, 5th pick), Neil Johnson (2nd round, 15th pick) and Stan McKenzie (11th round, 94th pick) in the 1966 NBA Draft.
- September 1, 1966: Traded Bailey Howell to the Boston Celtics for Mel Counts.
- September 22, 1966: Traded Jim Barnes to the Los Angeles Lakers for Leroy Ellis.
- October 11, 1966: Purchased Johnny Austin from the Boston Celtics.
- October 14, 1966: Purchased John Barnhill from the Chicago Bulls.
- October 31, 1966: Sold Neil Johnson to the New York Knicks.
- January 16, 1967: As part of a 3-team trade, the Baltimore Bullets traded Mel Counts to the Los Angeles Lakers; the Detroit Pistons traded Ray Scott to the Baltimore Bullets; and the Los Angeles Lakers traded Rudy LaRusso and a 1967 1st round draft pick (Sonny Dove was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons. Detroit got a 1st round draft pick in 1967 when LaRusso refused to report; LaRusso was later sold to San Francisco.
- January 29, 1967: Sold Wayne Hightower to the Detroit Pistons.
- May 3, 1967: Selected Earl Monroe (1st round, 2nd pick), Jimmy Jones (2nd round, 13th pick), Ed Manning (8th round, 80th pick) and Roland West (20th round, 162nd pick) in the 1967 NBA Draft.
- January 21, 1968: Traded Don Ohl to the St. Louis Hawks for Tom Workman and a 1968 3rd round draft pick (Jack Thompson was later selected).
- June 4, 1968: Selected Wes Unseld (1st round, 2nd pick), Bob Quick (2nd round, 18th pick) and Barry Orms (8th round, 96th pick) in the 1968 NBA Draft.