- Detroit Pistons: June 18, 1958 to January 13, 1961
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Detroit Pistons Franchise (June 18, 1958 - January 13, 1961)
- February 13, 1959: Traded George Yardley to the Syracuse Nationals for Ed Conlin.
- March 31, 1959: Traded Phil Jordon to the Cincinnati Royals for Archie Dees and a 1959 2nd round draft pick (Tom Robitaille was later selected).
- March 31, 1959: Selected Bailey Howell (1st round, 2nd pick), Gary Alcorn (3rd round, 18th pick), George Lee (4th round, 26th pick) and Tony Windis (5th round, 34th pick) in the 1959 NBA Draft.
- November 10, 1959: Sold Barney Cable to the Syracuse Nationals.
- December 28, 1959: Fired Red Rocha as Head Coach.
- December 28, 1959: Hired Dick McGuire as Head Coach.
- April 11, 1960: Selected Jackie Moreland (1st round, 4th pick), Ron Johnson (2nd round, 12th pick), Willie Jones (5th round, 36th pick), Doug Moe (7th round, 52nd pick) and Mel Peterson (10th round, 72nd pick) in the 1960 NBA Draft.
- April 16, 1960: Purchased Don Ohl from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- April 16, 1960: Traded Ed Conlin to the St. Louis Hawks for Bob Ferry.
- December 15, 1960: Sold Ron Johnson to the Los Angeles Lakers.