- Chicago Bulls: August 31, 1976 to May 12, 1978
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Chicago Bulls Franchise (August 31, 1976 - May 12, 1978)
- September 13, 1976: Traded a 1977 3rd round draft pick (Steve Puidokas was later selected) to the Washington Bullets for Tom Kropp.
- October 4, 1976: Traded Allen Murphy to the Los Angeles Lakers for a future draft pick.
- October 14, 1976: Signed Paul McCracken as a free agent.
- October 28, 1976: Signed Wilbur Holland as a free agent.
- November 18, 1976: Purchased John Mengelt from the Detroit Pistons.
- November 30, 1976: Traded Bob Love to the New York Nets for a 1977 2nd round draft pick (Mike Glenn was later selected).
- January 11, 1977: Signed Phil Hicks as a free agent.
- February 2, 1977: Signed Leon Benbow as a free agent.
- June 10, 1977: Traded a 1977 2nd round draft pick (Larry Johnson was later selected) to the Buffalo Braves for a 1977 1st round draft pick (Tate Armstrong was later selected).
- June 10, 1977: Selected Tate Armstrong (1st round, 13th pick), Mike Glenn (2nd round, 23rd pick), Steve Sheppard (2nd round, 30th pick) and Mark Landsberger (2nd round, 35th pick) in the 1977 NBA Draft.
- October 11, 1977: Signed Nick Weatherspoon as a free agent.
- October 18, 1977: Traded a 1978 4th round draft pick (Jeff Covington was later selected) to the New Orleans Jazz for Glenn Hansen.
- December 8, 1977: Signed Jim Ard as a free agent.
- January 7, 1978: Signed Cliff Pondexter as a free agent.
- January 23, 1978: Signed Cazzie Russell as a free agent.
- February 17, 1978: Signed Derrek Dickey as a veteran free agent and sent future considerations to the Golden State Warriors as compensation.