- Washington Wizards: May 7, 1962 to March 25, 1963
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Washington Wizards Franchise (May 7, 1962 - March 25, 1963)
- June 12, 1962: Fired Jim Pollard as Head Coach.
- June 14, 1962: Traded Bill Bridges and Ralph Davis to the St. Louis Hawks for Al Ferrari and Shellie McMillon.
- June 26, 1962: Signed Ralph Wells as a free agent.
- July 13, 1962: Traded Dave Piontek to the Cincinnati Royals for Larry Staverman. Staverman played in the ABL in between.
- July 24, 1962: Hired Jack McMahon as Head Coach.
- September 10, 1962: Traded Gene Conley to the New York Knicks for Phil Jordon and Cliff Luyk.
- September 11, 1962: Signed Johnny Cox as a free agent.
- October 7, 1962: Traded Phil Jordon to the St. Louis Hawks for Charlie Hardnett.
- November 19, 1962: Traded a future 2nd round draft pick to the St. Louis Hawks for Nick Mantis.
- December 28, 1962: Fired Jack McMahon as Head Coach.
- December 28, 1962: Hired Slick Leonard as Head Coach.
- January, 1963: Signed Maury King as a free agent.
- January 30, 1963: Traded Woody Sauldsberry to the St. Louis Hawks for Barney Cable.