- Los Angeles Clippers: June 6, 1980 to January 28, 1981
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Los Angeles Clippers Franchise (June 6, 1980 - January 28, 1981)
- June 10, 1980: Selected Michael Brooks (1st round, 9th pick) and Wally Rank (5th round, 99th pick) in the 1980 NBA Draft.
- August 28, 1980: Traded World B. Free to the Golden State Warriors for Phil Smith and a 1984 1st round draft pick (Lancaster Gordon was later selected).
- October 14, 1980: Signed Gar Heard as a veteran free agent and sent a 1981 3rd round draft pick (Sam Clancy was later selected) and a 1983 3rd round draft pick (Derek Whittenburg was later selected) to the Phoenix Suns as compensation. The compensatory draft picks were sent to San Diego on February 3, 1981.
- October 28, 1980: Signed Henry Bibby as a free agent.
- November 4, 1980: Signed Ron Davis as a free agent.
- 1981: Signed Rock Lee as a free agent.
- January 9, 1981: Signed Jerome Whitehead as a free agent.