- Los Angeles Lakers: July 21, 1960 to April 27, 1967
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Los Angeles Lakers Franchise
- October 24, 1960: Signed Gary Alcorn as a free agent.
- December 15, 1960: Purchased Ron Johnson from the Detroit Pistons.
- March 27, 1961: Selected Wayne Yates (1st round, 5th pick) in the 1961 NBA Draft.
- June 21, 1961: Signed Bob Sims as a free agent.
- December, 1961: Purchased Bob McNeill from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- December, 1961: Sold Bob Sims to the St. Louis Hawks.
- March 26, 1962: Selected Leroy Ellis (1st round, 8th pick) and Gene Wiley (2nd round, 17th pick) in the 1962 NBA Draft.
- September 5, 1962: Purchased Dick Barnett from the Syracuse Nationals.
- September 14, 1962: Traded Tom Hawkins to the Cincinnati Royals for a 1963 2nd round draft pick (Jim King was later selected).
- April 30, 1963: Selected Roger Strickland (1st round, 8th pick), Jim King (2nd round, 14th pick) and Mel Gibson (2nd round, 17th pick) in the 1963 NBA Draft.
- September 24, 1963: Purchased Hub Reed from the Cincinnati Royals.
- April 16, 1964: Purchased Darrall Imhoff from the Detroit Pistons.
- May 4, 1964: Selected Mahdi Abdul-Rahman (1st round, 5th pick) and Cotton Nash (2nd round, 14th pick) in the 1964 NBA Draft.
- January 28, 1965: Signed Bill McGill as a free agent.
- May 6, 1965: Selected Gail Goodrich (1st round, 10th pick), John Fairchild (2nd round, 19th pick) and Jim Caldwell (3rd round, 28th pick) in the 1965 NBA Draft.
- October 14, 1965: Traded Dick Barnett to the New York Knicks for Bob Boozer.
- February 1, 1966: Signed Tom Hoover as a free agent.
- May 11, 1966: Purchased Hank Finkel from the Chicago Bulls.
- May 11, 1966: Selected Jerry Chambers (1st round, 7th pick), Hank Finkel (2nd round, 17th pick), John Block (3rd round, 27th pick), Archie Clark (4th round, 37th pick) and John Wetzel (8th round, 75th pick) in the 1966 NBA Draft.
- September 14, 1966: Purchased Tom Hawkins from the Cincinnati Royals.
- September 22, 1966: Traded Leroy Ellis to the Baltimore Bullets for Jim Barnes.
- January 16, 1967: As part of a 3-team trade, the Los Angeles Lakers traded Rudy LaRusso and a 1967 1st round draft pick (Sonny Dove was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons; the Baltimore Bullets traded Mel Counts to the Los Angeles Lakers; and the Detroit Pistons traded Ray Scott to the Baltimore Bullets. Detroit got a 1st round draft pick in 1967 when LaRusso refused to report; LaRusso was later sold to San Francisco.