- New York Knicks: 1957 to January 4, 1960
- New York Knicks: May 8, 1961 to January 3, 1965
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
New York Knicks Franchise (January 1, 1958 - January 4, 1960)
New York Knicks Franchise (May 8, 1961 - January 3, 1965)
- February 5, 1958: Traded Bo Erias and cash to the Minneapolis Lakers for Art Spoelstra.
- April 8, 1958: Hired Andrew Levane as Head Coach.
- April 22, 1958: Selected Mike Farmer (1st round, 3rd pick) and Pete Brennan (1st round, 4th pick) in the 1958 NBA Draft.
- January 27, 1959: Traded Guy Sparrow to the Philadelphia Warriors for Jack George.
- March 31, 1959: Selected Johnny Green (1st round, 6th pick), Bob Anderegg (3rd round, 22nd pick) and Johnny Cox (4th round, 30th pick) in the 1959 NBA Draft.
- December 1, 1959: Sold Ron Sobie to the Minneapolis Lakers.
- December 18, 1959: Hired Carl Braun as Head Coach.
- May 8, 1961: Fired Carl Braun as Head Coach.
- May 8, 1961: Hired Eddie Donovan as Head Coach.
- May 16, 1961: Sold Sam Stith to the Cincinnati Royals.
- May 16, 1961: Traded Bob McNeill and Charlie Tyra to the Chicago Packers for Dave Budd.
- May 16, 1961: Purchased Sam Stith from the Cincinnati Royals.
- October 31, 1961: Signed Doug Kistler as a free agent.
- December 11, 1961: Purchased Al Butler from the Boston Celtics.
- March 26, 1962: Selected Paul Hogue (1st round, 2nd pick) and John Rudometkin (2nd round, 11th pick) in the 1962 NBA Draft.
- August 29, 1962: Traded Darrall Imhoff and cash to the Detroit Pistons for Gene Shue.
- September 10, 1962: Traded Phil Jordon and Cliff Luyk to the Chicago Zephyrs for Gene Conley.
- December 5, 1962: Traded Willie Naulls and Kenny Sears to the San Francisco Warriors for Tom Gola.
- January 1, 1963: Signed Bevo Nordmann as a free agent.
- January 22, 1963: Purchased Jack Foley from the Boston Celtics.
- April 30, 1963: Selected Art Heyman (1st round, 1st pick) and Jerry Harkness (2nd round, 10th pick) in the 1963 NBA Draft.
- October 16, 1963: Purchased Tom Hoover from the Philadelphia 76ers.
- October 18, 1963: Traded Richie Guerin to the St. Louis Hawks for cash and a 1964 2nd round draft pick (Howard Komives was later selected).
- October 21, 1963: Purchased Len Chappell from the Philadelphia 76ers.
- October 29, 1963: Traded Paul Hogue and Gene Shue to the Baltimore Bullets for Bill McGill.
- November 11, 1963: Purchased Bob Duffy from the St. Louis Hawks.
- December 16, 1963: As part of a 3-team trade, the New York Knicks traded Donnie Butcher and Bob Duffy to the Detroit Pistons; the Cincinnati Royals traded Bob Boozer to the New York Knicks; the Detroit Pistons traded Larry Staverman to the Cincinnati Royals; and the Detroit Pistons traded Johnny Egan to the New York Knicks.
- May 1, 1964: Sold Hub Reed to the Detroit Pistons. This completes the trade where New York obtained Johnny Egan from Detroit on December 11, 1963.
- May 4, 1964: Selected Jim Barnes (1st round, 1st pick), Willis Reed (2nd round, 10th pick), Howard Komives (2nd round, 15th pick), Freddie Crawford (4th round, 28th pick) and Em Bryant (7th round, 55th pick) in the 1964 NBA Draft.
- October 17, 1964: Sold Al Butler to the Baltimore Bullets.
- October 18, 1964: Traded Bill McGill to the St. Louis Hawks for a 1965 2nd round draft pick (Hal Blevins was later selected).
- January 3, 1965: Hired Harry Gallatin as Head Coach.