- Washington Wizards: August 12, 1968 to June 13, 1973
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Washington Wizards Franchise
- January 31, 1969: Signed John Barnhill as a free agent.
- April 7, 1969: Selected Mike Davis (1st round, 14th pick), Fred Carter (3rd round, 43rd pick) and Brian Heaney (19th round, 215th pick) in the 1969 NBA Draft.
- January 5, 1970: Traded Ed Manning to the Chicago Bulls for Al Tucker.
- February 1, 1970: Traded Bob Quick and a 1970 2nd round draft pick (Ken Warzynski was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons for Eddie Miles and a 1970 4th round draft pick (Bill Stricker was later selected).
- March 23, 1970: Traded Mike Davis and a 1970 1st round draft pick (John Hummer was later selected) to the Buffalo Braves for a 1970 1st round draft pick (George Johnson was later selected).
- March 23, 1970: Selected George Johnson (1st round, 9th pick), Bill Stricker (4th round, 54th pick) and Gary Zeller (5th round, 83rd pick) in the 1970 NBA Draft.
- June 20, 1970: Signed Dennis Stewart as a free agent.
- October 2, 1970: Purchased Jim Barnes from the Boston Celtics.
- October 22, 1970: Traded a 1971 2nd round draft pick (Rick Fisher was later selected) to the Portland Trail Blazers for Dorie Murrey.
- November 11, 1970: Traded a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Paul Stovall was later selected) to the Los Angeles Lakers for John Tresvant.
- March 29, 1971: Selected Stan Love (1st round, 9th pick), Rich Rinaldi (3rd round, 43rd pick) and Phil Chenier (1st round, 4th pick) in the 1971 NBA Draft.
- October 18, 1971: Traded Fred Carter and Kevin Loughery to the Philadelphia 76ers for Archie Clark and a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Louie Nelson was later selected).
- November 10, 1971: Traded Earl Monroe to the New York Knicks for Mike Riordan, Dave Stallworth and cash.
- April 10, 1972: Traded Gus Johnson to the Phoenix Suns for a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Tom Patterson was later selected).
- April 10, 1972: Selected Tom Patterson (2nd round, 25th pick) and Kevin Porter (3rd round, 39th pick) in the 1972 NBA Draft.
- June 23, 1972: Traded Jack Marin to the Houston Rockets for Elvin Hayes.
- August 9, 1972: Sold Dorie Murrey to the Chicago Bulls.
- October 24, 1972: Signed Mike Davis as a free agent.
- December 6, 1972: Traded a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Jim Chones was later selected) to the Los Angeles Lakers for Flynn Robinson.
- April 24, 1973: Selected Nick Weatherspoon (1st round, 13th pick), Louie Nelson (2nd round, 19th pick) and Tom Kozelko (3rd round, 48th pick) in the 1973 NBA Draft.