Phillip D. Saunders
Born: February 23, 1955 in Cleveland, Ohio
High School: Cuyahoga Heights in Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio
College: University of Minnesota
As Coach: 17 Yrs, 638-526, .548 W-L% (Full Record)
- Minnesota Timberwolves: May 3, 2013 to present
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Minnesota Timberwolves Franchise (May 3, 2013 - December 31, 2014)
- June 27, 2013: Selected Trey Burke (1st round, 9th pick), Andre Roberson (1st round, 26th pick) and Lorenzo Brown (2nd round, 52nd pick) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- June 27, 2013: Traded Trey Burke to the Utah Jazz for Gorgui Dieng and Shabazz Muhammad.
- June 27, 2013: Traded Malcolm Lee and Andre Roberson to the Golden State Warriors for cash and a 2014 2nd round draft pick.
- July 11, 2013: As part of a 3-team trade, the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Luke Ridnour and a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Szymon Szewczyk to the Oklahoma City Thunder; the Oklahoma City Thunder traded cash to the Milwaukee Bucks; and the Oklahoma City Thunder traded Kevin Martin and cash to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- July 12, 2013: Signed Corey Brewer as a free agent.
- July 12, 2013: Signed Chase Budinger as a free agent.
- July 18, 2013: Signed Ronny Turiaf as a free agent.
- November 26, 2013: Traded Derrick Williams to the Sacramento Kings for Luc Mbah a Moute.
- April 8, 2014: Signed Othyus Jeffers to a contract for the rest of the season.
- June 26, 2014: Selected Zach LaVine (1st round, 13th pick), Glenn Robinson III (2nd round, 40th pick), Markel Brown (2nd round, 44th pick) and Alessandro Gentile (2nd round, 53rd pick) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- June 27, 2014: Traded Markel Brown to the Brooklyn Nets for cash.