Frederick Appleton Schaus
Born: June 30, 1925 in Newark, Ohio
Died: February 10, 2010
College: West Virginia University
As Player: 334 G, 12.2 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 2.9 APG (Full Record)
As Coach: 7 Yrs, 315-245, .563 W-L% (Full Record)
- Los Angeles Lakers: April 27, 1967 to May 16, 1972
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Los Angeles Lakers Franchise
- May 3, 1967: Selected Cliff Anderson (4th round, 35th pick) in the 1967 NBA Draft.
- October 21, 1967: Signed Dennis Hamilton as a free agent.
- January 9, 1968: Traded Jim Barnes and a 1968 3rd round draft pick (Dave Newmark was later selected) to the Chicago Bulls for Erwin Mueller.
- January 12, 1968: Purchased Freddie Crawford from the New York Knicks.
- May 2, 1968: Signed Jay Carty as a free agent.
- June 4, 1968: Selected Bill Hewitt (1st round, 11th pick) and Ed Biedenbach (4th round, 45th pick) in the 1968 NBA Draft.
- July 9, 1968: Traded Jerry Chambers, Archie Clark and Darrall Imhoff to the Philadelphia 76ers for Wilt Chamberlain.
- September 23, 1968: Traded Erwin Mueller to the Chicago Bulls for Keith Erickson.
- October 8, 1968: Traded a future draft pick to the Milwaukee Bucks for Johnny Egan.
- April 7, 1969: Selected Willie McCarter (1st round, 12th pick), Rick Roberson (1st round, 15th pick), Dick Garrett (2nd round, 27th pick) and Mack Calvin (14th round, 187th pick) in the 1969 NBA Draft.
- September 9, 1969: Traded a 1971 3rd round draft pick (Mike Gale was later selected) to the Chicago Bulls for Mike Lynn.
- September 18, 1969: Sold Freddie Crawford to the Milwaukee Bucks.
- November 27, 1969: Traded Bill Hewitt and a 1970 3rd round draft pick (Jim Hayes was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons for Happy Hairston.
- January 23, 1970: Purchased John Tresvant from the Seattle SuperSonics.
- March 23, 1970: Selected Jim McMillian (1st round, 13th pick), Earnie Killum (2nd round, 30th pick) and Larry Mikan (4th round, 64th pick) in the 1970 NBA Draft.
- May 20, 1970: Traded Mel Counts to the Phoenix Suns for Gail Goodrich.
- October 7, 1970: Purchased Pat Riley from the Portland Trail Blazers.
- November 11, 1970: Traded John Tresvant to the Baltimore Bullets for a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Paul Stovall was later selected).
- March 29, 1971: Selected Jim Cleamons (1st round, 13th pick) and Roger Brown (4th round, 64th pick) in the 1971 NBA Draft.
- March 29, 1971: Traded a 1971 2nd round draft pick (Joe Bergman was later selected) to the Cincinnati Royals for Flynn Robinson.
- September 11, 1971: Traded a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Ollie Johnson was later selected) to the Portland Trail Blazers for Leroy Ellis.
- October 13, 1971: Traded Rick Roberson to the Cleveland Cavaliers for a 1972 2nd round draft pick (Jim Price was later selected), a 1973 1st round draft pick (Kermit Washington was later selected) and a 1973 2nd round draft pick (Bill Schaeffer was later selected).
- April 10, 1972: Selected Travis Grant (1st round, 13th pick), Jim Price (2nd round, 16th pick) and Paul Stovall (2nd round, 22nd pick) in the 1972 NBA Draft.