- Atlanta Hawks: June 23, 1975 to January 3, 1977
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Atlanta Hawks Franchise (June 23, 1975 - January 3, 1977)
- August 8, 1975: Traded a 1976 3rd round draft pick (Mike Dabney was later selected) to the Los Angeles Lakers for Connie Hawkins.
- September 25, 1975: Signed Jim Creighton as a free agent.
- October 7, 1975: Traded Greg Lee to the Portland Trail Blazers for a future draft pick.
- October 22, 1975: Traded Herm Gilliam to the Seattle SuperSonics for a 1976 3rd round draft pick (Larry Cooke was later selected).
- January 31, 1976: Signed Dennis DuVal as a free agent.
- March 30, 1976: Fired Cotton Fitzsimmons as Head Coach.
- March 30, 1976: Appointed Gene Tormohlen as Interim Head Coach.
- June 7, 1976: Traded Dwight Jones and a 1976 1st round draft pick (John Lucas was later selected) to the Houston Rockets for Gus Bailey, Joe Meriweather and a 1976 1st round draft pick (Armond Hill was later selected).
- June 8, 1976: Selected Armond Hill (1st round, 9th pick), Bob Carrington (2nd round, 28th pick), Tom Barker (4th round, 53rd pick) and Ron Davis (5th round, 70th pick) in the 1976 NBA Draft.
- June 16, 1976: Traded Tom Van Arsdale to the Buffalo Braves for Ken Charles, Dick Gibbs and cash.
- July 17, 1976: Hired Hubie Brown as Head Coach.
- August 5, 1976: Traded Maurice Lucas to the Portland Trail Blazers for Steve Hawes and Geoff Petrie. This trade was for the 2nd pick in the ABA dispersal draft.
- October 1, 1976: Traded a 1977 2nd round draft pick (Glen Gondrezick was later selected) to the New York Knicks for Randy Denton.
- November 17, 1976: Signed Ron Davis as a free agent.