- Los Angeles Lakers: April 10, 1959 to July 21, 1960
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Los Angeles Lakers Franchise (April 10, 1959 - July 21, 1960)
- December 1, 1959: Purchased Ron Sobie from the New York Knicks.
- December 15, 1959: Purchased Frank Selvy from the Syracuse Nationals.
- January 2, 1960: Appointed Jim Pollard as Interim Head Coach.
- January 24, 1960: Traded Dick Garmaker and a 1960 2nd round draft pick (Dave Budd was later selected) to the New York Knicks for Ray Felix and a 1960 4th round draft pick (Ben Warley was later selected).
- February 1, 1960: Traded Larry Foust to the St. Louis Hawks for Nick Mantis, Chuck Share and Willie Merriweather.
- April 11, 1960: Selected Jerry West (1st round, 2nd pick) and Howie Jolliff (7th round, 50th pick) in the 1960 NBA Draft.