- Detroit Pistons: January 19, 1961 to November 9, 1964
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Detroit Pistons Franchise (January 19, 1961 - November 9, 1964)
- March 27, 1961: Selected Ray Scott (1st round, 4th pick), Johnny Egan (2nd round, 12th pick), Doug Kistler (3rd round, 26th pick) and Danny Doyle (5th round, 44th pick) in the 1961 NBA Draft.
- October 3, 1961: Signed George Patterson as a free agent.
- December 1, 1961: Sold Shellie McMillon to the St. Louis Hawks.
- March 26, 1962: Selected Dave DeBusschere (1st round, 4th pick) and Kevin Loughery (2nd round, 13th pick) in the 1962 NBA Draft.
- August 29, 1962: Traded Gene Shue to the New York Knicks for Darrall Imhoff and cash.
- September 19, 1962: Sold George Lee to the San Francisco Warriors.
- April 30, 1963: Selected Eddie Miles (1st round, 4th pick) and Reggie Harding (6th round, 49th pick) in the 1963 NBA Draft.
- October 28, 1963: Traded Kevin Loughery to the Baltimore Bullets for Larry Staverman.
- December 16, 1963: As part of a 3-team trade, the Detroit Pistons traded Johnny Egan to the New York Knicks; the Detroit Pistons traded Larry Staverman to the Cincinnati Royals; the Cincinnati Royals traded Bob Boozer to the New York Knicks; and the New York Knicks traded Donnie Butcher and Bob Duffy to the Detroit Pistons.
- April 16, 1964: Sold Darrall Imhoff to the Los Angeles Lakers.
- May 1, 1964: Purchased Hub Reed from the New York Knicks. This completes the trade where New York obtained Johnny Egan from Detroit on December 11, 1963.
- May 4, 1964: Selected Joe Caldwell (1st round, 2nd pick), Les Hunter (2nd round, 11th pick), Wali Jones (3rd round, 20th pick) and Jim Davis (4th round, 29th pick) in the 1964 NBA Draft.
- June 18, 1964: Traded Bob Ferry, Bailey Howell, Les Hunter, Wali Jones and Don Ohl to the Baltimore Bullets for Terry Dischinger, Don Kojis and Rod Thorn.