- Brooklyn Nets: 1969 to ?
- Brooklyn Nets: March 14, 1978 to March 18, 1981
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Brooklyn Nets Franchise (March 14, 1978 - March 18, 1981)
- June 8, 1978: Traded a 1978 1st round draft pick (Micheal Ray Richardson was later selected) and a 1979 1st round draft pick (Vinnie Johnson was later selected) to the New York Knicks for Phil Jackson and a 1978 1st round draft pick (Winford Boynes was later selected).
- June 9, 1978: Selected Winford Boynes (1st round, 13th pick), Dave Batton (3rd round, 62nd pick) and Walter Jordan (4th round, 84th pick) in the 1978 NBA Draft.
- July 8, 1978: Kim Hughes signed as a veteran free agent with the Denver Nuggets; received a 1980 2nd round draft pick (John Stroud was later selected) as compensation.
- September 5, 1978: Signed Bob Elliott as a free agent.
- September 8, 1978: Traded Kevin Porter to the Detroit Pistons for Eric Money.
- September 21, 1978: Signed Al Skinner as a free agent.
- February 7, 1979: Traded Eric Money and Al Skinner to the Philadelphia 76ers for Harvey Catchings, Ralph Simpson and cash.
- May 31, 1979: Traded Harvey Catchings to the Milwaukee Bucks for John Gianelli and a 1979 1st round draft pick (Calvin Natt was later selected).
- June 25, 1979: Selected Calvin Natt (1st round, 8th pick) and Cliff Robinson (1st round, 11th pick) in the 1979 NBA Draft.
- August 22, 1979: Signed Art Collins as a free agent.
- October 2, 1979: Traded John Gianelli, Bernard King and Jim Boylan to the Utah Jazz for Rich Kelley.
- October 12, 1979: Traded a 1980 2nd round draft pick (John Stroud was later selected) to the Houston Rockets for Mike Newlin.
- November 13, 1979: Signed Robert Smith as a free agent.
- February 4, 1980: Traded John Williamson and a 1981 2nd round draft pick (Steve Lingenfelter was later selected) to the Washington Bullets for Roger Phegley.
- February 8, 1980: Traded Calvin Natt to the Portland Trail Blazers for Maurice Lucas, a 1980 1st round draft pick (Mike Gminski was later selected) and a 1981 1st round draft pick (Albert King was later selected).
- February 15, 1980: Traded Rich Kelley to the Phoenix Suns for a 1982 1st round draft pick (Brook Steppe was later selected) and a 1983 2nd round draft pick (Pace Mannion was later selected).
- June 4, 1980: Signed Edgar Jones as a free agent.
- June 10, 1980: Selected Mike O'Koren (1st round, 6th pick), Mike Gminski (1st round, 7th pick), Lowes Moore (3rd round, 52nd pick) and Rory Sparrow (4th round, 75th pick) in the 1980 NBA Draft.
- July 17, 1980: Signed Darwin Cook as a free agent.
- August 15, 1980: George Johnson signed as a veteran free agent with the San Antonio Spurs; received a 1981 1st round draft pick (Ray Tolbert was later selected) as compensation.
- September 24, 1980: Traded Roger Phegley to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Foots Walker.
- November 20, 1980: Traded Eddie Jordan to the Los Angeles Lakers for a 1982 1st round draft pick (Eddie Phillips was later selected).
- December 22, 1980: Appointed Bob MacKinnon as Interim Head Coach.
- March 13, 1981: Signed Bob McAdoo as a free agent.
- March 18, 1981: Hired Larry Brown as Head Coach.