- Orlando Magic: March 12, 2004 to May 23, 2005
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Orlando Magic Franchise (March 12, 2004 - May 23, 2005)
- April 2, 2004: Signed Derrick Dial as a free agent.
- June 24, 2004: Selected Dwight Howard (1st round, 1st pick), Anderson Varejao (2nd round, 30th pick) and Antonio Burks (2nd round, 36th pick) in the 2004 NBA Draft.
- June 24, 2004: Traded a 2005 1st round draft pick (Julius Hodge was later selected) to the Denver Nuggets for Jameer Nelson.
- June 24, 2004: Sold Antonio Burks to the Memphis Grizzlies.
- June 29, 2004: Traded Reece Gaines, Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Tracy McGrady to the Houston Rockets for Kelvin Cato, Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley.
- July 14, 2004: Signed Hedo Turkoglu as a free agent.
- July 23, 2004: Traded Drew Gooden, Steven Hunter and Anderson Varejao to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Tony Battie, a 2005 2nd round draft pick (Martynas Andriuskevicius was later selected) and a 2007 2nd round draft pick (Brad Newley was later selected).
- July 29, 2004: Signed Michael Bradley as a free agent.
- August 2, 2004: Signed Stacey Augmon as a free agent.
- October 4, 2004: Signed Corsley Edwards as a free agent.
- October 4, 2004: Signed Earl Barron as a free agent.
- November 1, 2004: Traded Keith Bogans to the Charlotte Bobcats for Brandon Hunter.
- January 10, 2005: Traded Michael Bradley and Cuttino Mobley to the Sacramento Kings for Doug Christie.
- March 23, 2005: Signed Mark Jones to a 10-day contract, then signed to a contract for the rest of the season.
- March 31, 2005: Signed Andre Barrett to a 10-day contract, then signed to a contract for the rest of the season.