- Utah Jazz: September 22, 1978 to May 9, 1979
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Utah Jazz Franchise (September 22, 1978 - May 9, 1979)
- October 30, 1978: Signed Ira Terrell as a free agent.
- January 5, 1979: Traded Joe Meriweather to the New York Knicks for Spencer Haywood.
- January 12, 1979: Traded Truck Robinson to the Phoenix Suns for Marty Byrnes, Ron Lee, a 1979 1st round draft pick (Larry Knight was later selected) and a 1980 1st round draft pick (John Duren was later selected).
- April 12, 1979: Fired Elgin Baylor as Head Coach.