- Los Angeles Lakers: 1948 to October 5, 1954
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Los Angeles Lakers Franchise (January 1, 1948 - October 5, 1954)
- May 10, 1948: Selected Arnie Ferrin (?? round, 33rd pick), Earl Gardner (?? round, 45th pick) and Dee Gibson (?? round, 57th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- August 30, 1948: Purchased Mike Bloom from the Boston Celtics.
- February 7, 1949: Purchased Whitey Kachan from the Chicago Stags.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Vern Mikkelsen (1st round, 11th pick) and Bob Harrison (2nd round, 23rd pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- June 22, 1949: Purchased Gene Stump from the Boston Celtics.
- December 7, 1949: Purchased Billy Hassett from the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.
- December 21, 1949: Sold Paul Walther to the Indianapolis Olympians.
- April 25, 1950: Selected Kevin O'Shea (1st round, 11th pick), Ed Beach (5th round, 59th pick) and Joe Hutton (7th round, 83rd pick) in the 1950 NBA Draft.
- December 11, 1950: Sold Ed Beach to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.
- April 25, 1951: Selected Whitey Skoog (1st round, 10th pick) and Lew Hitch (2nd round, 20th pick) in the 1951 NBA Draft.
- September 25, 1951: Sold Kevin O'Shea to the Milwaukee Hawks.
- October 10, 1951: Purchased Howie Schultz from the Fort Wayne Pistons. Schultz was traded to Tri-Cities on May 31, 1951 but evidently he was returned.
- January 26, 1952: Purchased Pep Saul from the Baltimore Bullets.
- April 26, 1952: Selected Clyde Lovellette (1st round, 10th pick), Jim Holstein (?? round, 60th pick) and Jim Fritsche (1st round, 9th pick) in the 1952 NBA Draft.
- April 24, 1953: Selected Ron Feiereisel (2nd round, 18th pick) in the 1953 NBA Draft.
- October 27, 1953: Sold Lew Hitch to the Milwaukee Hawks.
- December 21, 1953: Traded Bobby Watson to the Milwaukee Hawks for Lew Hitch.
- February 2, 1954: Sold Bob Harrison to the Milwaukee Hawks.
- April 24, 1954: Selected Ed Kalafat (1st round, 9th pick) and Al Bianchi (2nd round, 18th pick) in the 1954 NBA Draft.
- September 18, 1954: Traded Pep Saul to the Milwaukee Hawks for Don Sunderlage.