- Detroit Pistons: March 27, 1954 to February 14, 1957
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Detroit Pistons Franchise (March 27, 1954 - February 14, 1957)
- April 24, 1954: Selected Dick Rosenthal (1st round, 4th pick) and Don Bielke (8th round, 67th pick) in the 1954 NBA Draft.
- October 16, 1954: Traded Fred Scolari to the Boston Celtics for Bob Harris.
- October 19, 1954: Purchased Paul Walther from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- October 26, 1954: Traded Ken Murray to the Baltimore Bullets for Jim Fritsche.
- April 13, 1955: Selected Johnny Horan (1st round, 8th pick) and Jesse Arnelle (2nd round, 15th pick) in the 1955 NBA Draft.
- September 30, 1955: Traded Monk Meineke to the Rochester Royals for Odie Spears.
- November 28, 1955: Purchased Jim Holstein from the Minneapolis Lakers.
- December 16, 1955: Sold Johnny Horan to the Minneapolis Lakers.
- 1956: Signed Alex Hannum as a free agent.
- January, 1956: Signed Chuck Cooper as a free agent.
- April 30, 1956: Selected Ron Sobie (1st round, 7th pick) and Bill Thieben (3rd round, 23rd pick) in the 1956 NBA Draft.
- April 30, 1956: Traded Ron Sobie to the New York Knicks for Gene Shue.
- October 3, 1956: Purchased Billy Kenville from the Syracuse Nationals.
- October 23, 1956: Purchased Red Rocha from the Syracuse Nationals.