- Philadelphia 76ers: January 5, 1955 to May 22, 1963
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Philadelphia 76ers Franchise (January 5, 1955 - May 22, 1963)
- April 13, 1955: Selected Ed Conlin (1st round, 7th pick) and Joe Holup (1st round, 5th pick) in the 1955 NBA Draft.
- April 30, 1956: Selected Forest Able (3rd round, 21st pick), Swede Halbrook (4th round, 29th pick), Jim Ray (5th round, 37th pick) and Bob Hopkins (10th round, 75th pick) in the 1956 NBA Draft.
- October 3, 1956: Sold Billy Kenville to the Fort Wayne Pistons.
- October 23, 1956: Sold Red Rocha to the Fort Wayne Pistons.
- October 24, 1956: Purchased Al Bianchi from the Minneapolis Lakers.
- November 15, 1956: Signed Larry Hennessy as a free agent.
- November 15, 1956: Signed Bob Schafer as a free agent.
- November 29, 1956: Purchased Togo Palazzi from the Boston Celtics.
- December 2, 1956: Purchased Bob Harrison from the St. Louis Hawks.
- April 17, 1957: Selected George Bon Salle (1st round, 7th pick) in the 1957 NBA Draft.
- August 15, 1957: Sold George King to the Cincinnati Royals.
- October 10, 1957: Purchased Larry Costello from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- December 28, 1957: Sold Joe Holup to the Detroit Pistons.
- April 22, 1958: Selected Connie Dierking (1st round, 6th pick), Hal Greer (2nd round, 14th pick) and Tommy Kearns (4th round, 30th pick) in the 1958 NBA Draft.
- June 10, 1958: Traded Dick Farley and Earl Lloyd to the Detroit Pistons for cash.
- February 13, 1959: Traded Ed Conlin to the Detroit Pistons for George Yardley.
- March 31, 1959: Selected Dick Barnett (1st round, 5th pick), Gene Tormohlen (2nd round, 13th pick) and Paul Neumann (4th round, 29th pick) in the 1959 NBA Draft.
- November 10, 1959: Purchased Barney Cable from the Detroit Pistons.
- December 15, 1959: Sold Frank Selvy to the Minneapolis Lakers.
- April 11, 1960: Selected Lee Shaffer (1st round, 5th pick) and Joe Roberts (3rd round, 21st pick) in the 1960 NBA Draft.
- April 23, 1960: Hired Alex Hannum as Head Coach.
- September 21, 1960: Purchased Cal Ramsey from the New York Knicks.
- September 22, 1960: Purchased Dave Gambee from the St. Louis Hawks.
- November 28, 1960: Purchased Ernie Beck from the St. Louis Hawks.
- March 27, 1961: Selected Ben Warley (1st round, 6th pick) and Chuck Osborne (3rd round, 28th pick) in the 1961 NBA Draft.
- December 28, 1961: Purchased Joe Graboski from the Chicago Packers.
- March 26, 1962: Selected Len Chappell (1st round, 5th pick), Chet Walker (2nd round, 14th pick), Porter Meriwether (3rd round, 23rd pick) and John Windsor (5th round, 41st pick) in the 1962 NBA Draft.
- September 5, 1962: Sold Dick Barnett to the Los Angeles Lakers.
- April 30, 1963: Selected Tom Hoover (1st round, 7th pick) and Jerry Greenspan (3rd round, 25th pick) in the 1963 NBA Draft.