- Sacramento Kings: January 23, 1981 to April 30, 1982
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Sacramento Kings Franchise (January 23, 1981 - April 30, 1982)
- February 12, 1981: Signed Frankie Sanders as a free agent.
- June 8, 1981: Scott Wedman signed as a veteran free agent with the Cleveland Cavaliers; received a 1981 1st round draft pick (Kevin Loder was later selected) as compensation.
- June 8, 1981: Traded Otis Birdsong and a 1981 2nd round draft pick (Steve Lingenfelter was later selected) to the New Jersey Nets for Cliff Robinson.
- June 9, 1981: Selected Steve Johnson (1st round, 7th pick), Kevin Loder (1st round, 17th pick), Eddie Johnson (2nd round, 29th pick), Kenny Dennard (4th round, 78th pick) and Clinton Wheeler (7th round, 150th pick) in the 1981 NBA Draft.
- August 26, 1981: Traded a 1982 2nd round draft pick (Dave Magley was later selected) and a 1984 2nd round draft pick (Tony Costner was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons for Larry Drew.
- November 12, 1981: Traded Sam Lacey to the New Jersey Nets for Mike Woodson and a 1982 1st round draft pick (Brook Steppe was later selected). Kansas City received the earlier of two 1st round draft picks in 1982 (both owned by New Jersey).
- February 16, 1982: Traded John Lambert to the San Antonio Spurs for a 1984 3rd round draft pick (Roosevelt Chapman was later selected).
- February 16, 1982: Traded Cliff Robinson to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Reggie Johnson.