Hall of Fame: Inducted as Contributor in 1964 (Full List)
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
New York Knicks Franchise
- December 2, 1946: Sold Jake Weber to the Providence Steam Rollers.
- January 16, 1947: Sold Ralph Kaplowitz to the Philadelphia Warriors.
- January 21, 1947: Traded Bob Mullens to the Toronto Huskies for Bob Fitzgerald.
- January 26, 1947: Sold Hank Rosenstein to the Providence Steam Rollers.
- February, 1947: Sold Nat Militzok to the Toronto Huskies.
- July 1, 1947: Selected Dick Holub (1st round, 5th pick), Andy Duncan (?? round, 56th pick), Wat Misaka (?? round, 60th pick) and Dolph Schayes (1st round, 4th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- May 10, 1948: Selected Gene Berce (?? round, 16th pick) and Harry Gallatin (?? round, 40th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- October 13, 1948: Sold Stan Stutz to the Boston Celtics.
- October 25, 1948: Purchased Irv Rothenberg from the St. Louis Bombers.
- January 26, 1949: Traded Tommy Byrnes and cash to the Indianapolis Jets for Ray Lumpp.
- February 11, 1949: Traded Sid Tanenbaum to the Baltimore Bullets for Connie Simmons. Simmons was sent as the player to be named later in July 1949.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Dick McGuire (1st round, 8th pick), Harry Donovan (2nd round, 20th pick), Ernie Vandeweghe (3rd round, 32nd pick) and Cliff Barker (5th round, 55th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- May, 1949: Purchased Tommy Byrnes from the Indianapolis Jets.
- December 6, 1949: Signed Ed Bartels as a free agent.
- December 8, 1949: Sold Lee Knorek to the Baltimore Bullets.
- June 21, 1950: Purchased George Kaftan from the Boston Celtics.
- August 10, 1950: Traded Paul Noel to the Rochester Royals for Ray Ellefson.
- November 22, 1950: Signed Tony Lavelli as a free agent.
- April 25, 1951: Selected Ed Smith (1st round, 6th pick), Alfred McGuire (6th round, 56th pick) and Ralph Polson (1st round, 6th pick) in the 1951 NBA Draft.
- April 26, 1952: Selected Dick Bunt (?? round, 26th pick), Bert Cook (?? round, 36th pick) and Dick Surhoff (?? round, 76th pick) in the 1952 NBA Draft.
- November 20, 1952: Sold George Kaftan to the Baltimore Bullets.
- November 28, 1952: Traded Ray Lumpp to the Baltimore Bullets for cash.
- December 11, 1952: Sold Ralph Polson to the Philadelphia Warriors.
- April 7, 1953: Signed Jerry Fleishman as a free agent.
- April 24, 1953: Selected Walter Dukes (1st round, 8th pick), Don Ackerman (2nd round, 17th pick), Joe Smyth (4th round, 35th pick), Dick Atha (6th round, 53rd pick) and Bob Santini (8th round, 71st pick) in the 1953 NBA Draft.
- August 24, 1953: Traded Jim Luisi, Max Zaslofsky and Roy Belliveau to the Baltimore Bullets for Jim Baechtold.
- December 29, 1953: Purchased Fred Schaus from the Fort Wayne Pistons.
- April 24, 1954: Selected Jack Turner (1st round, 8th pick), Richie Guerin (2nd round, 17th pick) and Don Anielak (3rd round, 26th pick) in the 1954 NBA Draft.
- September 17, 1954: Traded Alfred McGuire and Connie Simmons to the Baltimore Bullets for Ray Felix and Chuck Grigsby.
- November 28, 1954: Purchased Gene Shue from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- January 10, 1955: Signed Bob Peterson as a free agent.
- January 12, 1955: Sold Paul Hoffman to the Philadelphia Warriors.
- April 13, 1955: Selected Kenny Sears (1st round, 5th pick), Guy Sparrow (3rd round, 21st pick) and Ron Shavlik (1st round, 4th pick) in the 1955 NBA Draft.
- April 30, 1956: Selected Gary Bergen (2nd round, 12th pick) in the 1956 NBA Draft.
- April 30, 1956: Traded Gene Shue to the Fort Wayne Pistons for Ron Sobie.
- October 26, 1956: Traded Walter Dukes and Burdette Haldorson to the Minneapolis Lakers for Jerry Bird, Phil Jordon and Slater Martin.
- December 12, 1956: Traded Slater Martin to the St. Louis Hawks for Willie Naulls.