- Chicago Stags: 1946 to 1950
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Chicago Stags Franchise
- July 1, 1947: Selected Paul Huston (1st round, 8th pick), Ben Schadler (2nd round, 18th pick), Hank Decker (3rd round, 28th pick), Gene Vance (4th round, 37th pick), Andy Phillip (5th round, 43rd pick), Ralph Bishop ( round, 66th pick), Jim Darden ( round, 67th pick), Jim Pollard ( round, 68th pick), Don Smith ( round, 69th pick) and Jack Stone ( round, 70th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- November, 1947: Sold Kenny Sailors to the Philadelphia Warriors.
- May 10, 1948: Selected Ed Mikan (1st round, 5th pick), John Dillon ( round, 17th pick), Ed Kachan ( round, 29th pick), Mickey Marty ( round, 41st pick), Ed Mills ( round, 53rd pick), Don Reagan ( round, 65th pick), Joe Shafer ( round, 76th pick), Odie Spears ( round, 86th pick) and Fred Weber ( round, 96th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- October, 1948: Sold Jim Seminoff to the Boston Celtics.
- November 20, 1948: Sold Bill Roberts to the Boston Celtics.
- January 28, 1949: Signed Mike Bloom as a free agent.
- February 4, 1949: Signed Carl Meinhold as a free agent.
- February 4, 1949: Sold Bill Miller to the St. Louis Bombers.
- February 7, 1949: Sold Whitey Kachan to the Minneapolis Lakers.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Jack Kerris (1st round, 10th pick), Ralph Beard (2nd round, 22nd pick), Dike Eddleman (3rd round, 34th pick) and Unknown Player (4th round, 46th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- October 4, 1949: Traded Chuck Gilmur to the Washington Capitols for Kleggie Hermsen.
- December 12, 1949: Sold Ed Mikan to the Rochester Royals.
- December 20, 1949: Traded Gene Vance to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks for George Nostrand.