Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Chicago Stags Franchise (January 1, 1946 - December 31, 1949)
- July 1, 1947: Selected Paul Huston (1st round, 8th pick), Ben Schadler (2nd round, 18th pick), Gene Vance (4th round, 37th pick), Andy Phillip (5th round, 43rd pick), Jim Pollard (?? round, 68th pick) and Don Smith (?? round, 69th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- November, 1947: Sold Kenny Sailors to the Philadelphia Warriors.
- May 10, 1948: Selected Ed Mikan (1st round, 5th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- October, 1948: Sold Jim Seminoff to the Boston Celtics.
- November 20, 1948: Sold Bill Roberts to the Boston Celtics.
- January 28, 1949: Signed Mike Bloom as a free agent.
- February 4, 1949: Signed Carl Meinhold as a free agent.
- February 4, 1949: Sold Bill Miller to the St. Louis Bombers.
- February 7, 1949: Sold Whitey Kachan to the Minneapolis Lakers.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Jack Kerris (1st round, 10th pick), Ralph Beard (2nd round, 22nd pick) and Dike Eddleman (3rd round, 34th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- October 4, 1949: Traded Chuck Gilmur to the Washington Capitols for Kleggie Hermsen.
- December 12, 1949: Sold Ed Mikan to the Rochester Royals.
- December 20, 1949: Traded Gene Vance to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks for George Nostrand.