- Golden State Warriors: 1946 to April 26, 1952
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Golden State Warriors Franchise (January 1, 1946 - April 26, 1952)
- January 16, 1947: Purchased Ralph Kaplowitz from the New York Knicks.
- July 1, 1947: Selected Chink Crossin (1st round, 6th pick) and Jim Pollard (?? round, 61st pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- October 14, 1947: Sold Jerry Rullo to the Baltimore Bullets.
- November, 1947: Purchased Kenny Sailors from the Chicago Stags.
- December 1, 1947: Sold Kenny Sailors to the Providence Steam Rollers.
- January 15, 1948: Purchased Hank Beenders from the Providence Steam Rollers.
- May 1, 1948: Traded Hank Beenders and Chick Halbert to the Boston Celtics for Ed Sadowski.
- May 10, 1948: Selected Don Ray (1st round, 11th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- November 18, 1948: Signed Elmore Morgenthaler as a free agent.
- December 1, 1948: Sold Roy Pugh to the Fort Wayne Pistons.
- December 15, 1948: Sold Bob O'Brien to the St. Louis Bombers.
- January 27, 1949: Sold Phil Farbman to the Boston Celtics.
- February 5, 1949: Purchased Irv Torgoff from the Baltimore Bullets.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Vern Gardner (1st round, 6th pick) and Jim Nolan (2nd round, 18th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- July 26, 1949: Purchased Leo Mogus from the Indianapolis Olympians.
- November 23, 1949: Purchased Mike Novak from the Rochester Royals.
- December 7, 1949: Traded Ed Sadowski and cash to the Baltimore Bullets for Ron Livingstone.
- December 29, 1949: Signed Freddie Lewis as a free agent.
- April 25, 1950: Selected Paul Arizin (1st round, 3rd pick), Ed Dahler (2nd round, 15th pick) and Ike Borsavage (5th round, 51st pick) in the 1950 NBA Draft.
- January 17, 1951: Signed Ed Mikan as a free agent.
- April 25, 1951: Selected Don Sunderlage (1st round, 9th pick), Mel Payton (2nd round, 19th pick), Mike Kearns (5th round, 49th pick), George Dempsey (7th round, 69th pick) and James Phelan (8th round, 78th pick) in the 1951 NBA Draft.
- November 5, 1951: Purchased Walt Budko from the Baltimore Bullets.
- April 26, 1952: Selected Bill Mlkvy (1st round, 4th pick), Tom Brennan (?? round, 14th pick), Walt Davis (?? round, 44th pick) and Moe Radovich (?? round, 74th pick) in the 1952 NBA Draft.