Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Washington Capitols Franchise
- July 1, 1947: Selected Dick O'Keefe (1st round, 9th pick), Jack Tingle (2nd round, 19th pick), Bill Burke (3rd round, 29th pick), Abel Rodriguez (4th round, 38th pick), Paul Cloyd ( round, 71st pick), Mat Zunic ( round, 72nd pick), John Mandic ( round, 73rd pick), Irwin Rothenberg ( round, 74th pick) and Saul Mariaschin ( round, 75th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- November 22, 1947: Sold Buddy O'Grady to the St. Louis Bombers.
- May 5, 1948: Traded John Mahnken to the Baltimore Bullets for Kleggie Hermsen.
- May 10, 1948: Selected Jack Nichols (1st round, 12th pick), Fred Bartell ( round, 24th pick), Ed Hughes ( round, 36th pick), Thorton Jenkins ( round, 48th pick), Leo Katkaveck ( round, 60th pick), C.T. Parker ( round, 71st pick), Jack Parkinson ( round, 82nd pick), Don Walker ( round, 92nd pick) and Al Williams ( round, 101st pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- May 19, 1948: Traded Irv Torgoff to the Baltimore Bullets for Dick Schulz.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Wah Wah Jones (1st round, 9th pick), Red Owens (2nd round, 21st pick), Jim Lacy (3rd round, 33rd pick), Maynard Haitcock (4th round, 45th pick) and Cliff Barker (5th round, 56th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- August 13, 1949: Purchased John Mandic from the Indianapolis Olympians.
- September 28, 1949: Traded Sonny Hertzberg to the Boston Celtics for Chick Halbert.
- September 28, 1949: Purchased Chick Reiser from the Baltimore Bullets.
- October 4, 1949: Traded Kleggie Hermsen to the Chicago Stags for Chuck Gilmur.
- December 6, 1949: Sold Dick Schulz to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.