Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Washington Capitols Franchise (January 1, 1946 - December 31, 1949)
- July 1, 1947: Selected Dick O'Keefe (1st round, 9th pick), Jack Tingle (2nd round, 19th pick), Paul Cloyd (?? round, 71st pick), John Mandic (?? round, 73rd pick) and Saul Mariaschin (?? round, 75th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- November 22, 1947: Sold Buddy O'Grady to the St. Louis Bombers.
- May 5, 1948: Traded John Mahnken to the Baltimore Bullets for Kleggie Hermsen.
- May 10, 1948: Selected Jack Nichols (1st round, 12th pick) and Leo Katkaveck (?? round, 60th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- May 19, 1948: Traded Irv Torgoff to the Baltimore Bullets for Dick Schulz.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Wah Wah Jones (1st round, 9th pick) and Red Owens (2nd round, 21st pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- August 13, 1949: Purchased John Mandic from the Indianapolis Olympians.
- September 28, 1949: Traded Sonny Hertzberg to the Boston Celtics for Chick Halbert.
- September 28, 1949: Purchased Chick Reiser from the Baltimore Bullets.
- October 4, 1949: Traded Kleggie Hermsen to the Chicago Stags for Chuck Gilmur.
- December 6, 1949: Sold Dick Schulz to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.