Alex Hannum News
Alexander Murray Hannum
Position: Power Forward ▪ Shoots: Right
Height: 6-7 ▪ Weight: 210 lbs.
Born: July 19, 1923 in Los Angeles, California
Died: January 18, 2002
High School: Alexander Hamilton in Los Angeles, California
College: University of Southern California
Draft: Indianapolis Jets, 1948 BAA Draft
NBA Debut: November 3, 1949
NBL Career: 64 G, 365 PTS, 5.7 PPG (Full Record)
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Coach in 1998 (Full List)
As Coach: 16 Yrs, 649-564, .535 W-L% (Full Record)
As Executive: DEN franchise, 1971-1974 (Full Record)
College Basketball Stats
News -- August 2015
- 8/23 Hoops Habit: Philadelphia 76ers: 25 Best Players To Play For The 76ers: Syracuse, N.Y., faded away from the NBA landscape more than a half-century ago, but it was there that the game we think of as...
News -- February 2015
- 2/27 SLC Dunk: Jazz Nuggets rivalry persists despite recent failures:
These two teams reached a crescendo over twenty seasons ago, and since then . . .
One of the biggest moments in my...
News -- November 2014
- 11/20 Hoops Habit: Every NBA Team's Signature Season: When you talk about memorable/signature seasons around the NBA, you'd think about big-market teams and dynasties and you...
News -- August 2014
- 8/6 Statitudes: Career Rankings of NBA Head Coaches: In “The Bill James Guide to Baseball Managers,” Bill James devised a rather simple six-point system to assign a score...
News -- June 2013
- 6/13 Miami Heat Index: Off the Index: What Does History Say About Jason Kidd Coaching the Nets?:
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said he wants to win an NBA championship by 2015. He and Billy King must think Jason Kidd...
- 6/7 HoopsHabit: NBA: Are Coach of the Year Winners Cursed?: The Denver Nuggets âparted waysâ with coach George Karl [...]The post NBA: Are Coach of the Year Winners Cursed? appeared...
News -- June 2011
- 6/28 BBR Blog: Players & Coaches Who Won Championships With Multiple Teams: BBR user Kenneth asked: "I have a question regarding players and coaches with NBA titles--which player(s) and coach(es) have won...