Jim Pollard News
James Clifford Pollard (The Kangaroo Kid)
Position: Small Forward ▪ Shoots: Right
Height: 6-4 ▪ Weight: 185 lbs.
July 9, 1922
in Oakland, California
Died: January 22, 1993
High School: Oakland Technical in Oakland, California
College: Stanford University
Draft: Chicago Stags, 1947 BAA Draft
NBL Career: 59 G, 760 PTS, 12.9 PPG (Full Record)
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 1978 (Full List)
As Coach: 5 Yrs, 130-165, .441 W-L% (Full Record)
As Executive: FLO franchise, 1968-1969 (Full Record)
College Basketball Stats
News -- December 2015
- 12/28 Lake Show Life: Lakers: 50 Greatest Players in Franchise History: The Lakers have been continually blessedto house some of thegreatest players of all time Last week we broke down the 30 greatest...
- 12/21 Lake Show Life: 30 Greatest Scorers in Lakers History: Ranking the 30 greatest scorers in the history of the Los Angeles Lakers. Kobe Bryant is retiring at the end of the 2015-16 NBA...
News -- September 2015
- 9/20 Lake Show Life: Top 5 Lakers Small Forwards of All Time: As the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to open training camp they are vulnerable at the small forward position. Right now it looks...
News -- August 2013
- 8/18 HoopsHabit: Los Angeles Lakers: Ranking The Best Players By Position In Team History: Anyone remember the Detroit Gems? Outside of the 19 pla […]Author informationPhil WatsonAssistant Editor at HoopsHabit.comHoops...
News -- April 2013
- 4/12 The Basketball Champs Belt: Mikan Rules: The League's First Dominate Big Man Changes the Game: By Fred Cervantez It was 1949 in Indiana, but the scene was more akin to a gladiator battle in the Roman Empire. Unruly spectators...
News -- January 2013
- 1/6 The Basketball Champs Belt: Vern Mikkelsen: The First Power Forward: By Fred CervantezThe words âItâs too darn crowded in here!â echoed throughout the Minneapolis Athletic Club on November...
News -- May 2011
- 5/29 BBR Blog: Miami-Dallas: The Strangest Finals Rematch Ever: Finals rematches usually involve a familiar cast of characters with a great deal of bad blood built up over past battles, right?...