Dolph Schayes News
Position: Power Forward and Center ▪ Shoots: Right
Height: 6-7 ▪ Weight: 195 lbs.
May 19, 1928
in New York, New York
Father of Danny Schayes
DeWitt Clinton in Bronx, New York
College: New York University
Draft: New York Knicks
, 1st round (4th pick, 4th overall), 1948 BAA Draft
NBA Debut: November 3, 1949
63 G, 809 PTS, 12.8 PPG (Full Record
Hall of Fame:
Inducted as Player in 1973 (Full List
5 Yrs, 151-172, .467 W-L% (Full Record
News -- September 2015
- 9/14 bballhistory.com: All-Time Philadelphia 76ers Team: The All-Time Philadelphia 76ers team is…explosive. They have explosive play makers, hall-of-famers, and MVPs littered throughout...
News -- August 2015
- 8/23 Hoops Habit: Philadelphia 76ers: 25 Best Players To Play For The 76ers: Syracuse, N.Y., faded away from the NBA landscape more than a half-century ago, but it was there that the game we think of as...
News -- March 2015
- 3/11 The Smoking Cuban: Four score 20 as Cavaliers blitz past Mavericks: DALLAS -Not even a full lineup could save the Mavericks Tuesday night. With everyone suited up, it wasn't near enough as...
News -- January 2015
- 1/28 Statitudes: Is Jack Sikma a Hall of Famer?: The Keltner List is a series of subjective questions formulated by famed sabermetrician Bill James used to help assess whether...
News -- November 2014
- 11/21 Hoops Habit: NBA: 50 Greatest Players Of All Time: The NBA is a superstar-driven league. The game has continued to evolve since its inaugural season in 1946-47, but that fact has...
News -- December 2013
- 12/22 Simulation Sports: Dolph Schayes Named MVP: NBA Simulation: An Alternative HistoryClick to enlargeThe first regular season in NBA history is in the books and Dolph Schayes...
News -- October 2013
- 10/23 Statitudes: The Best Player in the NBA: On Monday I wrote I a piece for ESPN Insider that used multiple years of MVP voting to determine who was generally viewed as the...
News -- July 2013
- 7/5 HoopsHabit: Philadelphia 76ers: Ranking the Best Players by Position in Team History: The Philadelphia 76ers trace their roots to the old Nat [...]Author informationPhil WatsonAssistant Editor at HoopsHabit.comHoops...
News -- June 2013
- 6/7 HoopsHabit: NBA: Are Coach of the Year Winners Cursed?: The Denver Nuggets âparted waysâ with coach George Karl [...]The post NBA: Are Coach of the Year Winners Cursed? appeared...
News -- April 2013
- 4/4 Dancing With Noah: NBA Fathers & Sons Two-on-Two: Round Two aka, Separating Genes from Jeans: Here we are in mid-April and the first ever NBA Father/Son Two-on-Two tournament is in full swing. As we head into the second...
News -- March 2013
- 3/17 The Basketball Champs Belt: 1947-55 Top 10: #2, Dolph Schayes Joins the TBCB HOF: TBCB continues to celebrate the early fifties by counting down the best NBA players who played between 1947 and 1955. As we work...
News -- February 2013
- 2/23 The Basketball Champs Belt: 1953-54: Waiting for The World to Change: By Michael Hogan Waiting for Godot describes the story of two men who pass the time waiting for a promised visit by the mysterious...
- 2/9 The Basketball Champs Belt: 1947-55 Top 10: #3, Ed Macauley Joins the TBCB HOF: TBCB continues to celebrate the early fifties by counting down the best NBA players who played between 1947 and 1955. As we work...
News -- January 2013
- 1/29 HoopsHabit: NBA All-Star Game: The 10 Best All-Star Teams Ever: NOTE: All statistics courtesy of Basketball-Reference.com. It was March 2, 1951, at Boston Garden when the tradition began. The...
- 1/4 Tyler's Think Tank: NBA All Decade Team 1950s: PG Bob Cousy
SG Bill Sharman
SF Paul Arizin
PF Bob Pettit--Edges out Dolph Schayes
C Bill Russell--Over Neil Johnston
News -- December 2012
- 12/16 The Basketball Champs Belt: 1952-53: Big Mouth Babies and the Boston Celtics: The 1950s were a time when a reserved individual could still become a well-known star without active self promotion. Following...
- 12/3 The Basketball Champs Belt: 1952: The Best Center of All Time is Born: As TBCB begins to prepare our 1952-53 NBA season summary, we set the stage by sharing with you related facts, stories, and highlights....
News -- November 2012
- 11/14 Z krainy NBA: Karty NBA – wprowadzenie: Karty NBA to w tej chwili wielomilionowy przemysÅ. To kontrakty zawodnikÃ³w z firmami produkujÄ
cymi karty, to szeroko pojÄty...
News -- October 2011
- 10/25 Miami Heat Index: NBA Lockout: Lessons From the History of NBA Labor, Part 1:
Three lessons from the History of NBA Labor teaches plenty about the impact of race, superstars and referees on the National...
News -- August 2011
- 8/21 The Wages of Wins Journal: Grant Hill is NO Dwyane WadeArturo provides a counterpoint in defense of Wade and argues some notable players off the NBA top 50....
News -- May 2011
- 5/29 BBR Blog: Miami-Dallas: The Strangest Finals Rematch Ever: Finals rematches usually involve a familiar cast of characters with a great deal of bad blood built up over past battles, right?...