Bill Sharman News
William Walton Sharman
Position: Shooting Guard ▪ Shoots: Right
Height: 6-1 ▪ Weight: 175 lbs.
Born: May 25, 1926 in Abilene, Texas
Died: October 25, 2013
High School: Porterville in Porterville, California
College: University of Southern California
Draft: Washington Capitols, 2nd round, 1950 NBA Draft
NBA Debut: October 31, 1950
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 1976 and Coach in 2004 (Full List)
As Coach: 10 Yrs, 466-353, .569 W-L% (Full Record)
As Executive: LAL franchise, 1976-1982 (Full Record)
Other SR Links: Minors at Baseball-Reference.com, College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
News -- April 2014
- 4/4 Statitudes: Is Dikembe Mutombo a Hall of Famer?: The Keltner List is a series of subjective questions formulated by famed sabermetrician Bill James used to help assess whether...
- 4/3 LA Sports Hub: Lakers Mark 50-Loss Season Milestone: Despite 10 assists from Kendall Marshall as well as 10 rebounds from Wesley Johnson and a double-double from Jordan Hill, itwasn't...
News -- August 2013
- 8/1 Celtics Life: All-time NBA/ABA tournament of champions: Part III:
By Cort Reynolds
Part I Part 2
Only 15 championship teams remain out of...
News -- June 2013
- 6/4 Celtics Life: The 10 best-shooting backcourts in basketball history: By Cort Reynolds
Warrior head coach Mark Jackson's recent comments about his own Golden State guard tandem being the "best...
News -- March 2013
- 3/28 Tyler's Think Tank: Heat's Streak by the Numbers: Unless you've been living under a rock since Groundhog Day, you probably heard how the Miami Heat put together an insane winning...
News -- January 2013
- 1/29 HoopsHabit: NBA All-Star Game: The 10 Best All-Star Teams Ever: NOTE: All statistics courtesy of Basketball-Reference.com. It was March 2, 1951, at Boston Garden when the tradition began. The...
- 1/26 The Basketball Champs Belt: Back to Bartlesville: The Untold Story of Oklahoma Hoops Legend Dallas Dobbs: By Michael HoganDallas Dobbs' number thirteen hangs in the rafters at the University of Kansas' Allen Fieldhouse, but the jersey...
- 1/4 Tyler's Think Tank: NBA All Decade Team 1950s: PG Bob Cousy
SG Bill Sharman
SF Paul Arizin
PF Bob Pettit--Edges out Dolph Schayes
C Bill Russell--Over Neil Johnston
News -- August 2011