Michael Jeffrey Jordan (Mike, Air Jordan, M.J., His Airness, Money)
Born: February 17, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York
High School: Emsley A. Laney in Wilmington, North Carolina
College: University of North Carolina
Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 2009 (Full List)
As Player: 1072 G, 30.1 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 5.3 APG (Full Record)
- Washington Wizards: January 19, 2000 to May 7, 2003
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Washington Wizards Franchise (January 19, 2000 - May 7, 2003)
- March 13, 2000: Signed Don Reid as a free agent.
- June 28, 2000: Selected Mike Smith (2nd round, 35th pick) in the 2000 NBA Draft.
- August 22, 2000: Traded Isaac Austin to the Vancouver Grizzlies for Obinna Ekezie, Felipe Lopez, Cherokee Parks and Dennis Scott.
- September 25, 2000: Traded Tracy Murray to the Denver Nuggets for Popeye Jones and a 2002 2nd round draft pick (Rod Grizzard was later selected).
- November 28, 2000: Traded Obinna Ekezie and Cherokee Parks to the Los Angeles Clippers for Tyrone Nesby.
- February 22, 2001: Traded Calvin Booth, Obinna Ekezie and Juwan Howard to the Dallas Mavericks for Courtney Alexander, Hubert Davis, Christian Laettner, Etan Thomas, Loy Vaught and cash.
- March 6, 2001: Signed David Vanterpool to two 10-day contracts, then signed to a contract for the rest of the season.
- June 27, 2001: Selected Kwame Brown (1st round, 1st pick) in the 2001 NBA Draft.
- June 27, 2001: Traded Predrag Drobnjak to the Seattle SuperSonics for Bobby Simmons.
- July 18, 2001: Signed Tyronn Lue as a free agent.
- August 1, 2001: Traded Laron Profit and a 2005 1st round draft pick (Julius Hodge was later selected) to the Orlando Magic for Brendan Haywood.
- September 25, 2001: Signed Michael Jordan as a free agent.
- June 25, 2002: Traded Courtney Alexander to the Charlotte Hornets for a 2002 1st round draft pick (Juan Dixon was later selected).
- June 26, 2002: Selected Jared Jeffries (1st round, 11th pick), Juan Dixon (1st round, 17th pick) and Juan Carlos Navarro (2nd round, 40th pick) in the 2002 NBA Draft.
- July 18, 2002: Signed Larry Hughes as a free agent.
- September 10, 2002: Signed Bryon Russell as a free agent.
- September 11, 2002: Traded Hubert Davis, Richard Hamilton and Bobby Simmons to the Detroit Pistons for Brian Cardinal, Jerry Stackhouse and Ratko Varda.
- October 1, 2002: Signed Bobby Simmons as a free agent.
- October 11, 2002: Signed Charles Oakley as a free agent.
- October 24, 2002: Traded Chris Whitney to the Denver Nuggets for George McCloud.
- March 1, 2003: Signed Anthony Goldwire to the first of two 10-day contracts.