- Detroit Pistons: May 25, 1977 to July 14, 1978
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
In some cases the starting date and/or ending date for
an executive could not be found, so conservative estimates are used in
their place. Therefore, transactions from the beginning and/or end of an
executive's tenure with a particular franchise may be missing from the
Detroit Pistons Franchise (May 25, 1977 - July 14, 1978)
- June 10, 1977: Selected Ben Poquette (2nd round, 36th pick) in the 1977 NBA Draft.
- July 8, 1977: Signed Wayman Britt as a free agent.
- August 5, 1977: Signed Don Adams as a veteran free agent and sent a 1978 3rd round draft pick (Ricky Gallon was later selected) to the Buffalo Braves as compensation.
- September 2, 1977: Signed Abdul Jeelani as a free agent.
- September 21, 1977: Signed Willie Norwood as a free agent.
- November 7, 1977: Traded Howard Porter, Kevin Porter and cash to the New Jersey Nets for Al Skinner, a 1978 2nd round draft pick (Terry Tyler was later selected) and a 1979 2nd round draft pick (Tony Price was later selected).
- November 23, 1977: Traded Marvin Barnes, a 1978 2nd round draft pick (Lew Massey was later selected) and a 1978 4th round draft pick (Larry Harris was later selected) to the Buffalo Braves for Gus Gerard, John Shumate and a 1979 1st round draft pick (Roy Hamilton was later selected).
- December 15, 1977: Fired Herb Brown as Head Coach.
- February 1, 1978: Traded Ralph Simpson to the Denver Nuggets for Jim Price and a 1979 1st round draft pick (Phil Hubbard was later selected).
- April 5, 1978: Signed Jim Bostic as a free agent.
- May 1, 1978: Hired Dick Vitale as Head Coach.
- May 22, 1978: Signed Robert Hawkins as a free agent.
- June 9, 1978: Selected Terry Tyler (2nd round, 23rd pick), John Long (2nd round, 29th pick) and Earl Evans (8th round, 157th pick) in the 1978 NBA Draft.