Carl Blair Bennett
Born: December 7, 1915
As Coach: 1 Yr, 0-6, .000 W-L% (Full Record)
- Detroit Pistons: 1948 to March 27, 1954
Draft Picks, Trades, and Free Agent Signings
Detroit Pistons Franchise
- May 10, 1948: Selected Ward Williams (1st round, 8th pick), Bobby Cook (?? round, 20th pick) and Murray Wier (?? round, 56th pick) in the 1948 BAA Draft.
- December 1, 1948: Purchased Roy Pugh from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- December 19, 1948: Traded Ralph Hamilton, Walt Kirk and Blackie Towery to the Indianapolis Jets for Bruce Hale and John Mahnken.
- January 30, 1949: Sold Bob Kinney to the Boston Celtics.
- February 3, 1949: Traded Leo Mogus and cash to the Indianapolis Jets for Charlie Black.
- March 21, 1949: Selected Bob Harris (1st round, 3rd pick), John Oldham (2nd round, 15th pick), Fred Schaus (3rd round, 27th pick) and Jerry Nagel (4th round, 39th pick) in the 1949 BAA Draft.
- November 2, 1949: Sold Jack Smiley to the Anderson Packers.
- November 9, 1949: Traded John Mahnken to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks for Jack Kerris.
- December 3, 1949: Sold Dick Triptow to the Baltimore Bullets.
- January 18, 1950: Traded Charlie Black and Richie Niemiera to the Anderson Packers for Ralph Johnson and Howie Schultz.
- February 6, 1950: Purchased Duane Klueh from the Denver Nuggets.
- February 7, 1950: Sold Bill Henry to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.
- April 25, 1950: Selected George Yardley (1st round, 8th pick), Jim Riffey (2nd round, 20th pick) and Art Burris (3rd round, 32nd pick) in the 1950 NBA Draft.
- December 8, 1950: Sold John Hargis to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.
- December 8, 1950: Purchased Don Otten from the Baltimore Bullets.
- December 19, 1950: Traded Bob Harris to the Boston Celtics for Dick Mehen.
- February 15, 1951: Purchased Ken Murray from the Baltimore Bullets.
- April 25, 1951: Selected Zeke Sinicola (1st round, 4th pick), Jack Kiley (2nd round, 14th pick) and Jake Fendley (3rd round, 24th pick) in the 1951 NBA Draft.
- April 26, 1951: Traded Bill Sharman to the Boston Celtics for Chuck Share. Some sources have Bob Brannum to Boston in this deal but he was already sold to them on September 23, 1950.
- May 31, 1951: Traded Dick Mehen, Howie Schultz and cash to the Tri-Cities Blackhawks for Frankie Brian.
- October 10, 1951: Sold Howie Schultz to the Minneapolis Lakers. Schultz was traded to Tri-Cities on May 31, 1951 but evidently he was returned.
- February 11, 1952: Traded Art Burris and cash to the Milwaukee Hawks for Dike Eddleman.
- April 26, 1952: Selected Dick Groat (1st round, 3rd pick) and Monk Meineke (?? round, 53rd pick) in the 1952 NBA Draft.
- November 28, 1952: Purchased Andy Phillip from the Philadelphia Warriors.
- February 16, 1953: Traded Jack Kerris and Ralph O'Brien to the Baltimore Bullets for Don Boven and Fred Scolari.
- April 24, 1953: Selected Jack Molinas (1st round, 4th pick) in the 1953 NBA Draft.
- August 23, 1953: Purchased Mel Hutchins from the Milwaukee Hawks.
- December 21, 1953: Traded Chuck Share to the Milwaukee Hawks for Max Zaslofsky.
- December 29, 1953: Sold Fred Schaus to the New York Knicks.
- February 18, 1954: Traded cash to the Baltimore Bullets for Leo Barnhorst.